Funds for Professional Development
FUNDS AVAILABLE. APPLY NOW.
During remote operations, professional development grant applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis! Awardees will be notified within two weeks.
IMPORTANT: For proper formatting, please open and complete the document in Word (click "Open in Desktop App").
Current Seattle Central faculty, classified staff, and exempt employees may request professional development funds. Grants are reviewed by committee after the fourth Friday of each quarter (deadlines listed below). Applicants will be notified via email in the sixth week of the quarter.
- Faculty awards are supported by the Lockwood Endowment and are available up to $2000.
- Staff and administrator awards are supported by the President’s Fund and are available up to $1000.
- CDAC awards are supported by the Classified Development Advisory Committee and are available up to $300.
Download the application for Lockwood & President’s Fund grants. IMPORTANT: For proper formatting, please open and complete the document in Word (click "Open in Desktop App").
Download the application for CDAC grants. Please note: CDAC awards are reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply at least three weeks before the activity.
If you are awarded funds, you will be asked to download and complete the Employee Development Grant Summary Form. This is an opportunity to reflect on your learning experience and share your knowledge with the larger campus community.
2020-2021 deadlines for Lockwood and President’s Fund grant applications:
- Summer Quarter 2020 (President’s Fund only): Accepted on a rolling basis while in remote operations.
- Fall Quarter 2020: October 9, 2020
- Winter Quarter 2021: January 29, 2021
- Spring Quarter 2021: April 30, 2021
- Application is complete and clear
- Relevance to individual needs and/or college-wide priorities
- Reasonable cost relative to potential benefit
- Signed by your supervisor
Priority when demand exceeds available funds:
- Applicant has not been awarded or received funding in the past two years
- Activity has potential to benefit a wider audience
- Applicant is presenting at a conference
Funds for groups: funds may be available for group registration for conferences and other professional development activities. Contact Lynn Kanne (Lynn.Kanne@seattlecolleges.edu) for details.