Seattle Central's Safety Committee helps employees and management work together to identify hazards and recommend solutions, review incident reports, and evaluate the effectiveness of the College's safety plans. The committee is governed by its adopted by–laws (pdf) and by Washington Administrative Code 296–800–130.
The term of service is one academic year and current membership is listed below. If you have a workplace safety concern, an agenda item you would like the Committee to discuss, or you have questions about current College safety policy or procedures, please contact the current Committee Chair.
Chair: Kevin Riley (Kevin.Riley@seattlecolleges.edu)
Note Taker: Daniel Blanchard
• Director of Facilities and Plant Operations (or equivalent position), Sam Lunsford
• Director of Safety and Security (or equivalent position), Darryl Johnson
• District Manager of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH), Michelle Valint
• District Manager of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Christel Olsen
• Faculty Senate representation: ____
• Classified Staff Union representation: ____
• AFT Seattle Pro Staff Union representation: Kevin Riley
• Student representative: _____
• Daniel Blanchard
• Diane Ellis
• Cecilia Maria Jimenez
• Myra Kaha
• Jeff Keever
• Hisham Othman
• Jacob Severson
Safety Committee Minutes
The last two years of meeting minutes are archived here. If you would like to view minutes older than what is currently posted, please contact the chair.