We are getting ready to launch a new Seattle Central College website! Prior to the official launch, scheduled for late October, we would like to give you the opportunity to become more familiar with the new design, organization and functionality.
Please note that the website is still a work in progress, and certain sections are currently under development. This is due in part to the large and complex nature of the project. Please expect to find occasional broken links, misspelled words, photos that don’t render properly, and other issues. Given this, we greatly appreciate your understanding as we continue refining the site.
We understand that there will be a period of adjustment to the new site, which is why we will keep the current site live for the next few weeks while we receive and incorporate feedback and edits.
Prior to and following the official launch of the news site, the Public Information Office will continue to update and refine the website in response to feedback from the campus community.
If you have specific updates to the content or questions about your section of the site, please email Webteam.Central@seattlecolleges.edu. Please include a link to the page/section in question, as well as brief a description of the issue, or attach a Word document with updated content.
Once you have reviewed the site, please take some time to fill out this brief survey to provide us with important feedback.
The Public Information Office initiated a website redesign project with several key goals in mind:
- Develop a user-friendly website to serve current and future students as well as employees, partners and the greater community.
- Transition to a content management system (CMS) that enables staff to create and maintain web pages more efficiently.
- Improve accessibility and usability of the website so that everyone has access to the information on the website.
- Create a more responsive website that delivers a quality experience across devices (such as desktops, smartphones and tablets).
- Apply best practices to ensure information appears in web search engines such as Google and Bing.
- Build new web tools like the News Center to better engage our users with dynamic content.
Please note that the District Communications office has been involved in this effort. There may be future changes as we work with the District to create a centralized web development effort across the District.
To better assess the current website’s strengths and shortcomings, and to learn about functionality needed by the college and specific units, the Public Information Office conducted:
- Meetings with departments and programs
- Employee feedback survey
- Competitor analysis of two- and four-year colleges
- Student user experience projects
- Review of accessibility, accreditation and regulatory requirements for websites
Based on the findings, the Public Information Office moved forward with the redesign project by first launching 12 microsites for the Professional Technical programs, Mitchell Activity Center, Broadway Performance Hall, Seattle Central College Foundation and the award winning 50th Anniversary site.
Using the feedback received on the micro-site launches, PIO moved forward with the final design and development of the main Seattle Central College site. For this stage, the Public Information Office will migrate all the content from the current site into the new site, develop new tools and features, and create an accessible, branded template that aligns with industry best practices.
Prior to and following the launch of the news site, the Public Information Office will continue to update and refine the website in response to feedback from the campus community.