TRIO-Student Support Services
In the interest of the health and safety of our campus community, we have moved our services online for the duration of winter quarter until Monday, 4/27/20.
Current TRIO Students: For assistance contact your Assigned TRIO Advisor Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the email and phone numbers below:
Prospective TRIO Students: Please call Mon-Fri 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: 206.934.3852
What is it?
The mission of Seattle Central College's federally funded TRIO - SSS program is to promote retention, graduation and college transfer of underserved students through the delivery of targeted services to empower personal, academic and professional growth.
What do we do?
The Seattle Central TRIO - SSS team uses targeted and individualized services to facilitate personal, academic and professional growth. We seek to promote academic persistence, graduation Some of the services provided include:
- Develop an education and transfer plan
- Help with applying for financial aid and scholarships
- Free tutors in English, Math, and other academic subjects
- Help with college admissions Personal Statements
- Student success strategy coaching and workshops
- Cultural events and experiences
Who do we serve?
- Students who are the first in their family to earn a Bachelor's degree, low-income or have a documented disability. Eligibility Criteria.
- Students who are enrolled in an academic transfer degree program (Associate of Science or Associate of Arts) and;
- Students who show a need for academic assistance and are highly motivated to graduate and pursue a bachelor's degree