TRIO-Student Support Services
To protect the health and safety of our campus community, TRIO - Student Support Services has moved all services online until further notice.
As of November 6, 2020, TRIO will be available via phone and Zoom, Monday through Thursday from 8am to 4:30pm. On Fridays we will be closed to the public for staff training and administration. These updated hours will be effective until March 30, 2021.
TRIO Advisors are available by appointment and for drop-in for Current TRIO Students. Please see links below.
Log-in to Starfish and make an appointment:
Make an Online Appointment HERE
See Drop-In Hours for Current TRIO Students HERE.
If you have further questions, please call our Virtual Front Desk at 206-934-3852.
What is it?
The mission of Seattle Central College's federally funded TRIO - SSS program is to promote retention, graduation and college transfer of underserved students through the delivery of targeted services to empower personal, academic and professional growth.
What do we do?
The Seattle Central TRIO - SSS team uses targeted and individualized services to facilitate personal, academic and professional growth. We seek to promote academic persistence, graduation Some of the services provided include:
- Develop an education and transfer plan
- Help with applying for financial aid and scholarships
- Free tutors in English, Math, and other academic subjects
- Help with college admissions Personal Statements
- Student success strategy coaching and workshops
- Cultural events and experiences
Who do we serve?
- Students who are the first in their family to earn a Bachelor's degree, low-income or have a documented disability. Eligibility Criteria.
- Students who are enrolled in an academic transfer degree program (Associate of Science or Associate of Arts) and;
- Students who show a need for academic assistance and are highly motivated to graduate and pursue a bachelor's degree