TRIO-Student Support Services
Summer Office Hours
TRIO will be opened for In-person services Monday through Thursday from 9:00an-4:30pm
Remote services are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00am-5:30pm and Friday from 8:00am – 12:00pm
Seattle Central College's federally-funded TRIO-Student Success Services (SSS) promotes retention, graduation, and college transfer of first-generation, income-limited, and/or students with disabilities. TRIO-SSS provides individualized services fostering personal, academic, and professional growth. Seattle Central has two TRIO-SSS programs: Classic and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- To value, respect, and appreciate each student and staff,
- To place students’ needs first and be student-centered,
- To promote education by providing holistic supports and intrusive advising so that students have additional tools to navigate systems and to contribute to their communities and to society as a whole,
- To have fun in our everyday work, and
- To prioritize anti-racism in our practices and resources.
TRIO is committed to the transformation of society into one that promotes social justice and freedom from all forms of oppression, including but not limited to, racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, ageism, and ableism.
Services for TRIO Students
Personalized Academic Advising
- Ed(ucation) Plans and transfer preparation
- Help with course registration, including priority registration for TRIO students whom meet their advisor
- to discuss course selection for the upcoming quarter
- Progress surveys from your instructors highlighting successes and offering early and mid-quarter support
- Guidance with college admissions and personal statements
- Free in-person tutors for academic subjects including English and math.
- Access to e-Tutoring through the BE Learning Center.
Financial Aid and Financial Literacy Support
- Assistance applying for financial resources including FAFSA, financial aid, Seattle Colleges Foundation Annual Scholarships, and other scholarships
- Workshops about budgeting, loan repayment, building credit, investing, and understanding more of our social class identities
Transfer and Career Guidance
- Connections to TRIO alumni and university admission counselors
- Support with career exploration and planning - finding a good career “fit” for you
- Resume building assistance
- A peer mentor who can provide support during your first year at SCC
- Quarterly celebrations
- Homework and hangout space
- Computer access
- Course supplies available to borrow from our lending library, including NFLEX test books and calculators
Who we serve
- Students where neither parent/guardian have earned a Bachelor's Degree, low-income, and/or have a documented disability (Eligibility Criteria)
- Students planning to complete an Associate degree/certificate program
- Students admitted/enrolled at Seattle Central College
- Students seeking academic support
Seattle Central’s TRIO-SSS programs is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education Federal TRIO Programs. The TRIO Classic program is funded in the amount of $536,695 per year for a period of five years. The TRIO STEM program is funded in the amount of $261,888 per year for a period of five years.