TRIO will be open for in-person services Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Remote services are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- TRIO Classic Program: TRIO.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
- TRIO STEM Program: TRIO-STEM.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
Front desk phone number: 206.934.3852
Current TRIO students are eligible and have access to the following tutoring resources:
- TRIO Tutoring - one-on-one tutoring for two hours per week per subject (no more than one hour per day)
- eTutoring through BE Learning Center
All our tutors will offer in-person tutoring in the TRIO Office (BE 1102-B1). In person tutoring can be drop-ins but we highly recommend that you schedule an appointment beforehand to secure a tutoring appointment. There will be options to schedule the appointment to be in-person or online. As you're scheduling your appointment on Starfish, you get to choose the location (Zoom or in the TRIO office).
You can make an appointment with a TRIO Tutor via Starfish.
- Log in to Starfish using your MySeattleColleges ID: Starfish Log-in
- After you have logged in, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://seattlecolleges.starfishsolutions.com/starfish-ops/instructor/serviceCatalog.html#/service/125145 (please be logged into Starfish first before using this link)
- Next, look underneath the tutor’s name and find the subject you would like study.
- Click on the tutor’s name.
- Click Schedule Appointment.
*If you’re having trouble, try refreshing the Starfish page. If you’re still unable to get through, please contact TRIO at 206-934-3852 or email us at TRIO.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
Here’s a short (2 minutes) video walkthrough for scheduling in Starfish.
Through the BE Learning Center, students have access to eTutoring. For more information, please visit the e-tutoring page.
eTutoring hours: 5 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (closed on Holidays and between Quarters)
Should I work with a tutor?
Here are some reasons why you might want to seek tutoring:
- Tutoring can enrich your understanding of the course material.
- Tutoring can help you apply better study methods.
- Tutoring can help you manage your time more effectively.
- Tutoring can assist you in focusing in on what is important.
- Tutoring can help you earn better grades!
What tutors can do:
- Review and explain assignments.
- Help you understand what the instructor expects.
- Clarify information presented by the instructor in class.
- Help you understand the textbook and utilize the information it contains.
- Provide you with additional examples and practice problems to reinforce concepts.
What tutors cannot do:
- Teach you material that you have not read or heard in class.
- Write speeches or term papers.
- Do your homework for you.
Remember: Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance.
(Credit: San Bernadino Valley College)