TRIO-SSS: How to Apply
Meet at least one or more of the following:
- first-generation college student (this means neither one of your parents/guardians has a 4-year college degree (bachelor's degree));
- meet low-income qualifications based on Federal Income Guidelines or;
- have a documented disability. For additional information for students with disabilities, please visit the Accessibility Resource Center.
Meet at least one of the above criteria and also be:
- a US citizen or permanent resident
- admitted and enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled, at Seattle Central College in the current or next academic term
- eligible to be enrolled in at least 1 college-level course
- planning to complete an associate’s degree or certificate at Seattle Central College
- seeking academic support
- Complete and submit the online eligibility application. Upon applying, TRIO staff will determine eligibility based on the eligibility criteria and spots available and contact you accordingly as program enrollment is not guaranteed.
- STEM Application - STEM and Healthcare majors
- Classic Application - All other majors
- If eligible, a TRIO Staff will contact you to schedule an intake appointment with a TRIO Advisor.
*If you are not eligible, TRIO staff will connect you to other campus resources.
- Complete the intake appointment with a TRIO advisor. During the intake appointment, you will learn more about TRIO services, talk about the participant agreement*, and answer any questions that you may have about TRIO.
*Students who apply for TRIO-Student Support Services are expected to participate in program activities and advising.