Summer Office Hours
TRIO will be opened for In-person services Monday through Thursday from 9:00an-4:30pm
Remote services are available Monday through Thursday from 8:00am-5:30pm and Friday from 8:00am – 12:00pm
What are TRIO Programs:
- Federally-funded programs established under the Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, referred to as the TRiO Programs (initially just three programs).
- Established by the United States Congress to help low-income Americans enter college, graduate, and go on to contribute to American societal and economic life.
- The original trio of programs were Student Support Services, Upward Bound and Talent Search.
- In addition to the original three programs, TRIO programs also include: Upward Bound Math/Science, Veterans' Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, and the Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program.
The Purpose of TRIO programs:
- To help students overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to higher education.
- To provide educational opportunity outreach programs designed to motivate and support students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- To provide outreach, support and assistance to low-income, first-generation college students, and students with disabilities
- To help students progress through the academic pipeline from middle school to post-baccalaureate programs.
More TRIO History.