Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) all financial aid staff are working remotely during Central's campus closure. Please note that although we are experiencing an increase in calls and emails during this time, we are working hard to get back to you as quickly as possible. We have made our department available by phone to answer your funding questions during the following days/times:
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Please call 206.934.3844 to speak to a financial aid staff representative directly or email us anytime at FinancialAid.firstname.lastname@example.org. We are receiving a high volume of emails and our response times are delayed. Please be patient and a staff member will respond in the order received. Multiple emails further delay our response time and students are encouraged to call during our open phone hours (listed above) or schedule a Zoom appointment for urgent matters.
For program specific correspondence please reach out to the appropriate contact below:
Financial Aid FAQ – Fall Quarter 2021
Beginning with fall 2021, all Financial Aid processing will take place in CTC Link. While working remotely, Financial Aid staff is working hard to reply to all emails and phone messages in a timely manner. If you have previously sent us a message and have not been replied to yet, please be patient and we will reply as quickly as we are able. You may also find answers to our most commonly asked questions in the FAQ below. We appreciate your patience during these times.
I’ve applied for aid using the FAFSA/WASFA. Now what?
Students receive notification from the Dept. of Education or WSAC after an application is submitted, this does not mean our office received your application. It takes roughly 7 - 10 business days for applications to be processed and uploaded to Seattle Central’s CTC Link system. At that time, students receive an Initial Financial Aid Request letter via email and through the message center in CTC Link. The letter contains instructions on what information/forms Financial Aid needs to determine aid eligibility. Submit all required documents before the quarterly deadline indicated and reach out to the Financial Aid Office with any questions.
If you have submitted your FAFSA or WASFA and haven’t heard from the Financial Aid Office within 10 business days, please reach out and we will be happy to assist!
My Initial Financial Aid Request letter only lists “Application Received”. What should I do?
If the only document listed is “Application Received”, you do not need to submit anything at this time. This is informational only and Financial Aid staff will reach out if any information is needed after reviewing student files.
I’m being asked to contact Financial Aid for an ISIR BIO/DEMO Mismatch. What info is needed?
If this is the case, please contact Financial Aid directly for more information. We often need to verify demographic information such as name, birthday, SSN, etc. and will be able to help determine next steps.
How long does it take for my financial aid application to be processed by Seattle Central?
Files are reviewed in the order received and students who meet a quarterly deadline are guaranteed to receive an eligibility notification prior to the respective quarter. Unfortunately, we cannot give a precise date for completing student files. Financial Aid staff are working hard to process all files for fall quarter and would appreciate students waiting to hear from Financial Aid staff before asking for an update.
When was the fall quarter deadline & how do I know if I met it?
- Our fall quarter deadline was August 31st ,2021. To be considered having met the deadline you must have submitted all required documents listed on your Initial Financial Aid Request letter. All financial aid required documents in your CTC Link To-Do center will show as “waived” or “completed”
- Holds are placed on student accounts to prevent them from being dropped for non-payment prior to the 10th day of each quarter.
- We guarantee to have an eligibility determination for students that meet our deadlines prior to the quarter starting. However, we do not guarantee funding sources or amounts. Most funds are on a first come, first serve basis and student funding packages may vary. Your Award Notification will list all quarters and aid sources you are determined eligible for. Most students are awarded fall, winter, and spring depending on eligibility. Under certain circumstances, students may be awarded fewer than 3 quarters and should plan accordingly. Reach out to the Financial Aid Office with any questions.
What if I missed the fall quarter deadline?
- Students that missed the fall quarter deadline need to pay for tuition on their own (or other funding sources) or sign up for a Deferred Payment Plan by 4pm on the 5th day of the quarter to secure your spot in classes.
- Financial Aid will continue reviewing student files throughout the quarter and will retroactively award you at a later date, depending on funding availability.
- Students will not be held in classes if they did not meet the deadline. Financial Aid staff will not be able to assist in getting placed back in classes after being withdrawn.
I’ve been awarded Financial Aid. When will my classes be paid? Will I receive any funds?
- Financial Aid is generally disbursed at the start of each quarter and will be applied toward your tuition balance first. When you’re awarded aid, we place a hold on your registration so you will not be dropped from your courses for non-payment before your aid can be disbursed.
- After your tuition is paid, any remaining financial aid funds will be disbursed to you (if eligible) later that week through BankMobile. You may choose how to receive your funds (e.g. check, direct deposit, etc) using your BankMobile activation code received by mail or email. If you have not received your code, please contact us.
I’m getting emails from BankMobile about financial aid refunds and/or setting up refund preferences. What is this?
- All money including financial aid grants, loans, scholarships, and emergency aid, if you are eligible, are refunded with BankMobile. We want to get your money to you as fast as possible. When you apply for financial aid, you will receive instructions from BankMobile to set up your refund preferences (e.g. check, direct deposit, etc) in advance, should you later receive a refund.
- Setting up your refund preferences does not guarantee eligibility for financial aid refunds. Please consult your Financial Aid Portal to view your eligibility for aid. Financial aid will first pay any tuition charges due before applicable refunds are issued. You may contact our office directly with questions about your eligibility, application status, or potential financial aid refunds.
Congratulations on deciding to continue your education. Seattle Central's Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial aid funding you need to ensure that you have access to the best education possible.