Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) all financial aid staff are working remotely during Central's campus closure. Please note that although we are experiencing an increase in calls and emails during this time, we are working hard to get back to you as quickly as possible. We have made our department available by phone to answer your funding questions during the following days/times:
- Monday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 12:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Please call 206.934.3844 to speak to a financial aid staff representative directly or email us anytime at FinancialAid.firstname.lastname@example.org. We are receiving a high volume of emails and our response times are delayed. Please be patient and a staff member will respond in the order received. Multiple emails further delay our response time and students are encouraged to call during our open phone hours (listed above) or schedule a Zoom appointment for urgent matters.
For program specific correspondence please reach out to the appropriate contact below:
- VA Funding, Tuition/Book Vouchers, & 3rd Party Payments - Diem-Thuy Tran
- Americorp and Financial Aid Reinstatements - Jazmin Patino-Arellano
- Enrollment Adjustment forms - Thu-cuc Luong
- Seattle Promise - Garrett Remsen
- Work study - Dawn Williams
- Program changes - Sal Lopicolo
*Please note Student Services offices will be closed on Fridays for mandatory ctcLink statewide technology conversion training. Implementation of our new financial aid systems is approaching quickly and we appreciate your patience during this time.
* Financial Aid will be closed periodically through March 1st for mandatory ctcLink training. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Financial Aid FAQ – Spring Quarter 2021
Seattle Central College is currently working under remote operations. During remote operations, the Financial Aid staff is striving to reply to all emails and phone messages in a timely manner. If you have previously sent us a message and have not been replied to yet, please be patient and we will reply as quickly as we are able. You may also find answers to our most commonly asked questions in the FAQ below. We appreciate your patience during these times.
I’ve applied for aid using the FAFSA/WASFA. Now what?
It takes between 7-14 days for us to receive your application after you submit it online. Once we receive your application, we’ll reach out to you via the email on your FAFSA/WASFA to let you know what other documentation is needed to complete your file.
How long does it take for my financial aid application be processed by Seattle Central?
We review files in the order received once a student has submitted all required documents to complete their file. This process can take up to 6 weeks or more depending on how many students complete their financial aid file.
When was the Spring quarter deadline & how do I find out if I made the deadline?
- Our Winter quarter deadline was January 29th, 2021. To be considered having met the deadline you must have submitted all required documents listed on original Required Action Email we sent after receiving your FAFSA/WASFA.
- We guarantee to have an eligibility determination for students that meet our deadlines prior to the quarter starting. However, we do not guarantee funding.
- You may look in your Financial Aid Portal under the “Information We Need from You” section for your file completion status. You have met our deadline if the “Date Received” column is notated with a date of 01/29/2021 or earlier.
What if I missed the Winter quarter deadline?
- Students that missed the Winter quarter deadline need to pay for tuition on their own (or other funding sources) or sign up for a Deferred Payment Plan by 4pm on the 5th day of winter quarter to secure your spot in classes.
- Financial Aid will continue reviewing student files throughout the quarter and will retroactively award you at a later date, depending on funding availability.
I’ve been awarded Financial Aid. When will my classes be paid? Will I receive any funds?
- Financial Aid is generally disbursed at the start of each quarter and will be applied toward your tuition balance first. When you’re awarded aid, we place a hold on your registration so you will not be dropped from your courses for non-payment before your aid can be disbursed.
- After your tuition is paid, any remaining financial aid funds will be disbursed to you (if eligible) later that week through BankMobile. You may choose how to receive your funds (e.g. check, direct deposit, etc) using your BankMobile activation code received by mail or email. If you have not received your code, please contact us.
I’m getting emails from BankMobile about financial aid refunds and/or setting up refund preferences. What is this?
- All money including financial aid grants, loans, scholarships, and emergency aid, if you are eligible, are refunded with BankMobile. We want to get your money to you as fast as possible. When you apply for financial aid, you will receive instructions from BankMobile to set up your refund preferences (e.g. check, direct deposit, etc) in advance, should you later receive a refund.
- Setting up your refund preferences does not guarantee eligibility for financial aid refunds. Please consult your Financial Aid Portal to view your eligibility for aid. Financial aid will first pay any tuition charges due before applicable refunds are issued. You may contact our office directly with questions about your eligibility, application status, or potential financial aid refunds.
Congratulations on deciding to continue your education. Seattle Central's Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial aid funding you need to ensure that you have access to the best education possible. Before you apply, familiarize yourself with the application process, and when you are ready to apply for financial aid, follow our simple 3–step process.
Before you begin the financial aid process:
- First determine which academic quarter for which you will be applying, then download the Fall 2020–Summer 2021 (pdf) Financial Aid Application Guide and read the instructions carefully
- Learn more about the types of federal student aid that you may qualify for at Federal Student Aid Programs
Are you ready to apply?
Obtain your financial aid through our easy 3–step process:
- Apply for Admissions to Seattle Central College.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA (required).
- Respond to your "Required Actions" Letter.