How to Apply
Begin your financial aid application process here. The Seattle Central Financial Aid Office is dedicated to helping students discover financial resources to help pay for college. For your convenience we've outlined the process in 3 essential easy–to–follow steps. Be sure to complete these steps before the financial aid deadline for the quarter you would like to apply.
- 5-7 Business days after you’ve successfully submitted your FAFSA or WASFA, check the email account listed on your FAFSA for an email from the Financial Aid Office at Seattle Central College. This email contains information on additional information we need from you and has the next quarterly deadline listed.
- You can also view your file status and download/upload documents in the Financial Aid Portal.
- All financial aid applicants need to submit a Data Sheet to the Financial Aid Office
- Students may be requested to submit additional documentation to complete their financial aid file. All documentation listed on your Required Actions notification must be submitted to have your file completed and eligibility determined by the various deadlines.
- All requested documentation must be submitted before any funds can be awarded or disbursed. Examples of additional documentation that may be requested by you (spouse/parent) include, but are not limited to: Tax Return Information
- Tax Return Information
- W2 Statements
- Proof of High School Completion
- Citizenship/Immigration Documents
- Name ChangeDocuments/Government ID
- Security Card
- Sibling or Household Size Clarification
- The Loan Application Form is available here
- Complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- Click here for more information about applying for student loans
The Financial Aid Office at Seattle Central College reviews applications after all required documents have been received. Students with a complete financial aid application at Seattle Central are notified by mail or e-mail regarding their eligibility. Your financial aid awards including amount and type of aid are posted to the Student Financial Aid portal. You are encouraged to use the Financial Aid Portal in the check my status section to view awards and status of your financial aid file. Financial aid at Central is awarded for the entire academic year beginning with Fall Quarter and ending Summer Quarter.
Students who complete their application by the priority deadline are notified first. Applications completed after the financial aid deadline for the quarter being applied for will be reviewed in the order in which they were received. Students may receive funding, if eligible, retroactively. Students that miss the quarterly deadlines are encouraged to explore other options for tuition payments as financial aid can’t be guaranteed prior to the payment deadline.