New Student

Ready to attend class and study? Seattle Central has a spot for you. Remember, deadlines are important so use the Academic Calendar to stay on track. Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Accessibility Resource Center.

Apply & Enroll

Follow the 5 step enrollment process:


High School graduate and/or 18 or older

Anyone who is a high school graduate or anyone age 18 or older can become a Seattle Central student. To apply just fill out the fast and free online application form. Two business days later, students will receive an official ctcLink ID number (EMPLID).

 Need help with the application? Get step-by-step application help.

Under 18?

Applicants under the age of 18 or who do not have a high school diploma will need to apply to one of our High School programs. Running Start applicants may begin the process by completing the online application form and answering RUNNING START in question four, as illustrated in the following screen shot:

Online Application Example

As well, everyone interested in Running Start should review the important documents and next steps.

Some programs have separate enrollment procedures, therefore, make sure to consult the individual Career Training program.

Seattle Central College uses the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges Online Admissions Application Portal.

Apply Today!

 Need help with the application? Get step-by-step application help.

Contact Admissions at 206.934.JOIN (206.934.5646) or on the Broadway campus in room BE1104.

Plan Funding

Seattle Central offers an Automatic Payment Plan to spread out college costs.

Start Early

The key to successfully planning funding is to start early—at least three months!

Financial Aid Resources

There are several resources available including Financial AidFederal Direct LoansWorkforce ServicesVeteran's Services, and various Grants. Detailed information about these and other options can be found in the comprehensive pay for college section of our website.

Tuition Deadline

Students are responsible for paying tuition by the tuition deadline.

Explore Funding

Contact Financial Aid at 206.934.3844 or on the Broadway campus in room BE1104.

Placement for Classes

New Students

New students have several options to demonstrate their English and/or math proficiency level.

  • Take the placement test for English and Math.
  • Use qualifying ACT or SAT scores – testing FAQ.
  • Seattle Public Schools Students: Use high school transcript for placement in intermediate algebra or college level math. Math placement request form (pdf) and chart (pdf).
  • If you have already completed college-level coursework, you may provide unofficial transcripts showing successful completion of English and/or math. Learn more about incoming transcript evaluation.

Learn More

Contact Placement Testing at 206.934.6344 or on the Broadway campus room BE1106.


New Student Orientation

New students must complete the New Student orientation.

Soon after you complete the orientation, your Personal Identification Number (PIN) will get activated, which is required in order to register for classes.

Running Start, international students, non–credit, ABE, ESL, and GED® students use a separate process and are not required to complete this New Student orientation. Please contact the program directly for details.

Start Orientation


Advisors help guide students in choosing classes based on academic goals. Once you have completed placement for classes and orientation, you are encouraged to meet with an advisor to get help with educational planning.

College transfer students will need to work with an Academic Advisor (mandatory after 45 credits).

Get Advising

Register for Classes

After completing steps 1–4, you can begin registering for classes the online student services portal, MyCentral.

Note: Waitlisted students must attend first day of class with an Add/Drop form to obtain instructor permission to enroll.

Learn More

Pay & Prepare

Pay Tuition

Pay tuition as early as possible to keep your classes and avoid being dropped for non-payment. Learn more about tuition payment deadlines.

Students who applied for Financial Aid can check their award status with the Financial Aid office or online.

Buy Books & Supplies

Rent or buy new and used paper and e–books from the campus bookstore. Bring your class item numbers and section numbers to the campus bookstore, and they can look up your required textbooks. Books and supplies can also be downloaded and purchased online.

Plan Parking & Transportation

For help with planning a commute to Seattle Central, learn about ORCA cards and student parking permits in the transportation section of our website.

Get a Seattle Central Photo I.D. Card

Photo identification (I.D.) cards are required for all students and can be obtained in the Enrollment Services lobby. We suggest that students obtain an I.D. card as soon as they have paid for their classes; if a student is enrolled in a payment plan, their first payment must be received by the college before they can get an I.D. card.

Congratulations! You are now enrolled at Seattle Central.