Meet with an Advisor
We are here to help you!
Due to public health concerns around Covid-19, Seattle Central’s Advising office will be providing all of our services remotely online, over the phone, or via email through April 24th.
You can find more information about how to access advising services during this time below.
Drop-in Advising is now available Monday to Thursday from 10 a.m - 12:30 p.m and 1 p.m - 3:30 p.m!
During these sessions, we can help:
- Plan next quarter’s classes
- Receive Entry/Add codes upon approval
- Troubleshoot registration problems
- Go over Degree Audits
- Answer other questions (15 minutes or less)
Note: We do not advise the following student populations. Select the links for more information.
- Basic & Transitional Studies students
- International Programs Students (F or M visa)
- Running Start students
- Seattle Promise students
What to expect from a Zoom drop-in:
You will be placed into a waiting room with other students who may be waiting. Each student has 10-15 minutes with an advisor so please be patient while we work with any students who might be in front of you. The advisor will accept you into the meeting as soon as they are ready.
Please be aware that the advisor may not be able to see you if there are many students at the end of the day.
We offer 30 minute advising appointments over the phone or through Zoom. We recommend an appointment if you have questions about degree completion, requirements for your major, long-range planning, or need help with picking classes.
You can schedule an advising appointment through Starfish or by calling us at 206-934-4068.
Who can use Starfish?
- Students who have taken a class in the last 6 academic quarters and know their MySeattleColleges username and password.
- Students who have applied in the past 9 months and have created their MySeattleColleges password. You need your SID and PIN to create your password. If you do not know your PIN, please contact the Admissions office.
Click Here to learn more information about using Starfish
Watch this video to find out how to schedule an appointment
What to expect from a Zoom Appoinment:
Zoom is an application that you can use to video call and share screens with your advisor. You can sign up and download Zoom.
You can find video tutorials for using Zoom here.
If you schedule a Zoom appointment with your advisor, the advisor will send a Zoom meeting invitation to your email. The meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting, as well as a “Meeting ID number.” When your appointment time arrives, just open Zoom and click that link or enter that “Meeting ID number” into Zoom.
What to expect from a Phone Appointment
When you schedule a phone appointment, please provide us with the phone number you would like us to call you at. When your appointment time arrives, your advisor will call that phone number.
Advisorcentral Email Service
You can also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our advisors are actively responding to emails during this time, so this is a great way to reach us with quick questions that don’t require a full 30 minute appointment.
- We recommend emailing us rather than scheduling an appointment in the following situations:
- You need an advisor’s signature on a form
- You need an advisor to confirm that you meet the prerequisites to register for a course
- You need an entry code to register online
- You have a quick, general question about the school or degree requirements
- You need to be academically approved for one of Seattle Central’s Allied Health, Culinary, or Creative Academy programs
- You are having problems with registering for classes