Attention Seattle Central College campus is closed and has moved to remote operations due to COVID-19. Students should avoid campus during this time.
Please note: Seattle Colleges has moved to a new data and financial system called ctcLink. There may be some service delays as we continue to learn how to use and navigate this new system. We appreciate your patience.
New Students: Note all forms can be found here.
- To apply just fill out the fast and free online application form. Two business days later, students will receive an official ctcLink ID number (EMPLID).
Need help with the application? Get step-by-step application help in ctcLink.
- English and Math Placement
English: Self-Directed English Placement
Math: Math testing is only required if math or science is desired.
Other Assessments accepted by Seattle Central.
- Complete Enrollment Packet and have your counselor and a parent or legal guardian sign your Enrollment Verification form
- Email you Enrollment packet to RunningStart.email@example.com
- Running Start will email you your Zoom registration appointment and a link to your Zoom session. If you are unable to make your assigned appointment please email Running Start so that we can refer you to one of our Zoom walk-in appointments or change your session to a later date.
- Choose classes. https://mycentral.seattlecolleges.edu
- Take your mandatory new student orientation here.
- Start your classes. First day of fall quarter is September 27th.
- Have your counselor and parent or legal guardian sign your Enrollment Verification form.
- Choose classes. https://mycentral.seattlecolleges.edu
- Email the Running Start office your forms (test scores if needed for math or science). Please email your forms and information using the block format below:
- Full name
- College ID#
- Full course information with item numbers
- If waitlisted, waitlist Yes or No
- Running Start will email you your registration confirmation and your block will be removed and you can then register yourself through CTC Link. login Please allow 24-72 hours due to a high volume of student inquiries.
Running Start will email you your registration confirmation and your block will be removed and you can then register yourself through CTC Link. login Please allow 24-72 hours due to a high volume of student inquiries.
Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college courses at Washington's 34 community and technical colleges. Students earn both high school and college credits for these courses.
Running Start students and their families do not pay tuition. They are responsible for mandatory fees, books and transportation. Students receive both high school and college credit for these classes, which accelerates their progress through the education system.
The mission of Running Start is to provide student services support to qualified high school students who are registered in college courses at Seattle Central while following all Washington State Running Start laws and college policies and guidelines. We are able to serve our students and the college through:
- Promoting academic success through advising and counseling sessions.
- Promoting a successful transition from high school to college.
- Offering college transfer and career advising and counseling.
- Promoting Running Start through outreach to area high schools.
- Supporting accessibility and equity of the Running Start Program for eligible students.
Attention New Students!
To qualify for the program a student must:
- Be under 21 years of age and enrolled in any Washington State public high school or school district.
- Have junior or senior status determined by student's high school district.
- Place in English 101 and/or college level math (100 level or above) on an approved college placement assessment. Seattle Central accepts a number of placement options. Click here to learn more about assessments. Placement scores from any other Washington State Community College.
- Have a parent/guardian and counselor signatures and approval to participate in the program.
Information for Registered Students
Student Online Services
Running Start students cannot access SOS through the MyCentral portal due to a registration block. You can however access SOS through our home page seattlecentral.edu then go to Campus Life/Student online services/scroll down past MyCentral until you come to Student Online Services (SOS). You cannot register or add or drop classes here but you can pay fees, look up your schedule, grades at end of the quarter, and do a waitlist inquiry. You will need your college ID and your PIN which is your six–digit DOB. Here is a link to SOS, please remember to scroll all the way past My Central.
If you are waitlisted for a class and haven't gotten in then follow these three steps.
- Go to the class the first day with a registration form and ask the instructor's permission to take the class. If they say yes have them sign your form.
- Bring your signed form to the Running Start office for a signature.
- Take the registration form to the registration office with photo ID (BE1104).
Most Running Start students pay for their own books. Here is a link to the Bookstore's website.
Be sure to have a copy of your class schedule so you can enter all of your course information. You can also take your schedule to the bookstore and find your books there. Some instructors have not posted their required textbooks and they will tell you what you will need the first day of class.
Students eligible for free or reduced lunch at their high school and have turned in their eligibility form to the Running Start office get their books through the Running Start office begining the first day of the quarter. Students then return their books to the Running Start office at the end of the quarter.
Fees are not tuition and are based on the number of credits a student is taking. The more credits the more fees. They are also based on the type of class a student is taking. Some classes have lab fees. Running Start does not pay for fees or tuition for classes below the college level. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch have their fees waived.
Once you have paid your fees or had them waived if you are eligible for free or reduced lunch you may purchase your college ID. There is a one–time $5 ID fee and phot ID is required. Please go to BE1104.
Student Support Services
If you have a documented disability please contact us so that we may refer you to our disability support services. However, the type and amount of accommodations available at the college may differ from the support students receive from their high school. For more information please visit the Accessibility Resource Center website with program contacts.
Academic, crisis, and support counseling services are available, contact the Running Start office for a referral.
Many of your classes will use an online platform called CANVAS. Your instructors' will explain how they utilize the program. Running Start will also begin using CANVAS to communicate important messages and information. When you receive an invitation email from your instructors or Running Start please accept so you can then start accessing CANVAS for Running Start and your classes. Here is a link for login instructions.
Here is a link to campus maps.