Seattle Central's STARS (Student Transitioning & Reaching Success) Program guides students who have been in a foster care program or are/were unaccompanied homeless youth (starting July 2019) by offering funding, academic guidance, career counseling, and referral resources to ensure students' holistic needs are being met.
STARS guides students toward services designed to support them in achieving their academic goals.
- Offer assistance on how to navigate places at Seattle Central (Financial Aid, TRiO, and Advising) and on how to negotiate various services and college processes
- Create a support network of college faculty, staff, and students to help students succeed
- Coordinate with other campus services
- Provide additional funding resource or stipend for items such as school supplies, technology devices, and food
Who is eligible for the STARS Program?
- Former foster care youth, including eligible Running Start students who spent time in foster care
- Passport to College
- Students who were unaccompanied homeless youth (starting July 2019)
How to Apply for the STARS Program
For additional information or to register for the STARS Program, please go to Student Leadership building room SAC 350, Phone: 206.934.6924, or email: CentralSTARS@seattlecolleges.edu.
STARS Program Partners
- Student Support Services
- Casey Family Programs
- The Mockingbird Society
- The YMCA
- Treehouse for Kids