Employee Home Free Guarantee & Zipcar
Employee Home Free Guarantee
If you are a permanent employee, a member of the TMP and use alternate forms of transportation, the college can help in an emergency. The college will pay for a taxicab home or to a daycare address for up to 60 miles one way. This service is available up to two times per quarter. Alternate forms of transportation include public transportation, walking, biking, carpool passengers.
Contact the Transportation Services Office at 206.934.6931 or 206.587.6932 during normal office hours. After 4:30 p.m. contact the Information Office at 206.934.3800. Provide this information when calling:
- State the nature of your emergency
- Provide the time you wish to be picked up
- Provide the destination address
- Provide your contact phone number
Be prepared to show a photo ID to the taxi driver, pay and get a receipt, then submit the receipt to Transportation Services for reimbursement.
Another benefit to TMP permanent employees is access to the Zipcar car–sharing program. Non–driving employees can join the Seattle Central program and check out cars between the hours of 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. The cars can be used for personal or business reasons for up to six hours per day.
How to Apply for Zipcar Use
- Complete the Employee Zipcar agreement available in Transportation Services.
- Zipcar, a private, for–profit company, is not part of Seattle Colleges.
- Seattle Central pays membership fees and usage for Zipcar for all eligible drivers, once approved.
- Zipcar use can only occur during the normal work hours.
- Zipcar will conduct a driving record and insurance check before approving employee application.
- Submit application to Jeff Keever in the Transportation Services Office.