Remember: Seattle Central is open unless you hear otherwise from one of our sources below.
- Campus Alerts: Seattle Colleges Alerts
- On the Seattle Central website: seattlecentral.edu
- FlashAlerts: Website
- Seattle Central closure line: Call 206.934.5464 (934-KING). This is a dedicated line that has been set up for the college (including students).
- Radio and TV news: All major radio and television stations regularly announce closures or delays, which they pick up from the school report website.
- Facebook: Seattle Central's Facebook page
In cases of closure due to weather–related emergencies such as snow, a decision and announcement regarding closure will be made by the President and the PIO.
Each college in our district acts independently in the case of bad weather. Hence, the North campus may close while Seattle Central remains open.
Sometimes, we opt to delay opening the school. If we open at 10 a.m. (for example), classes before 10 a.m. are cancelled. Further, if we open at 10 a.m., you will not be able to enter the buildings until 9:00 a.m. This does NOT mean you must report to work at 9 a.m. if we delay opening until 10 a.m.
The intent is to keep students and employees off the roads until conditions improve. This is meant to accommodate faculty, staff and students who arrive early. Please note that food and auxiliary services may not be available or may be very limited upon building opening.
We will follow the same method for notification as we do during the week.