The Grants Office coordinates grant development efforts to advance the mission and strategic direction of the college. Grant funding from private and public sources is important to Seattle Central as a way to test and implement innovations that serve students as we diversify sources of financial support. The Grants Office is housed within The Office of Strategic Partnerships (OSP), which develops meaningful relationships that advance the mission of the college.
Current grantors to the college include:
• National Science Foundation
• U.S. Department of Labor
• U.S. Department of Education
• Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
• Washington State Department of Corrections
• Washington State Department of Health and Human Services
• and many others
For all college grants, faculty and staff from all departments must work with the:
• Grants Office in seeking grant opportunities and navigating college grant procedures, and
• Business Office, which reviews the proposed budget before submission, sets up the project budget number, and provides advice and support in project budget management.
Visit the Before Starting Your Proposal page for important questions to consider before beginning to work on your grant proposal.
Director of Grants and Strategic Initiatives
Associate Director, Business Operations
Student scholarships and projects
Students seeking scholarships should visit the college's scholarships page. Students with ideas for activities and projects should visit the Student Leadership & Activities page for information on Student Service and Activities funds.
Grants for college employees
Information on Employee Development grants for individuals and groups and links to related opportunities such as Faculty Development are available on the Employee Development page.