Instructional Assessment Committee
The Instructional Assessment Committee (IAC) is a standing faculty committee that serves at the request of the Vice President for Instruction. The Instructional Assessment Committee oversees Ensure Learning, Seattle Central College's process for documenting and reflecting on student learning.
During the 2021-2022 academic year, the Instructional Assessment Committee is working closely with the Program Review Committee to revise our curriculum monitoring process. If you are interested in joining us, please contact Emily Castillo at Emily.Castillo@seattlecolleges.edu.
Instructional Assessment Committee Goals
- Support faculty in developing and maintaining quality curriculum
- Support effective assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, program, and college-wide levels
- Foster a culture of using evidence to promote improvement in assessment strategies and ensuring student learning.
The Instructional Assessment Committee will foster a culture of continuous improvement by
- Promoting faculty engagement in Ensure Learning, Seattle Central's process for documenting and reflecting on the results of student learning outcomes assessments
- Facilitating faculty discussions about our shared learning outcomes
- Educating faculty on a variety of instructional assessment strategies and promoting professional development opportunities for effective instructional assessment practice both internally and in collaboration with district-wide Faculty Development program
- Encouraging faculty to use data on student learning to inform curriculum development and revision