Curriculum Coordinating Council
The CCC+ is a representative body that gives voice to all faculty and exercises a major role in the policies, decisions, and processes related to curriculum and instruction at Seattle Central College. The core functions of the CCC+ are to:
- Lead and coordinate all curriculum-related instructional planning and learning outcomes assessment with the goal to support and improve instructional programs.
- Discuss and resolve curriculum-related issues that come up in standing committees or elsewhere.
- Create inclusive, equitable, and systematic procedures for the development of new programs and degrees.
- Review and endorse new programs.
- Document, update, and share all curriculum policies.
- Hear and give voice to faculty ideas and priorities about curriculum and instruction.
Access the Curriculum Coordinating Council Bylaws (pdf). The CCC+ will consist of the following members.
- CCC+ Chair: Katy Dichter
- 4 Standing Committee Chairs:
- Tsai-En Cheng (Instructional Assessment Committee)
- Joshua Whorley (Course Approval Committee)
- Marina Halverson (Program Review Committee)
- Sharon Spence-Wilcox (Learning Communities Committee)
- 6 faculty representatives from the following mission areas:
- Academic Transfer: Helena Ribeiro
- Basic Skills and International Education Programs: Carlos Sibaja Garcia
- Professional Technical Education: Scott Mahoney
- Satellite Campuses: Roberta Wright
- Bachelor’s program representative: position open
- Counseling & Library: position open
- Instructional Dean: Lynn Kanne
- Representative from eLearning: Kevin Bowersox-Johnson
- Representative from Student Services: Andrea Vederoff
- Representative from Associated Student Council
The Vice President for Instruction and a member of Institutional Research/Institutional Effectiveness attend all CCC+ meetings but are not voting members.
Course Approval Committee (CAC): this committee encourages and fosters curriculum development and faculty participation in program planning and maintenance of academic standards, primarily through monthly meetings, to review applications for new and revised courses. To learn more, visit the Course Approval Committee page.
Joshua Whorley - Chair
Program Review Committee (PRC): this committee encourages and fosters curriculum development and faculty participation in program planning and maintenance of academic standards, primarily through program reviews and course reviews. To learn more, visit the Program Review Committee page.
Marina Halverson - Chair
Instructional Assessment Committee (IAC): this committee encourages and fosters curriculum development and faculty participation in program planning and maintenance of academic standards, primarily through the development and assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, program, and college-wide levels. To learn more, visit the Instructional Assessment Committee page
Tsai-En Cheng - Chair
Learning Communities Committee (LCC): This committee encourages and fosters integrative curriculum development and faculty participation in planning and maintenance of academic standards, primarily through review and support for Learning Community courses, linked courses, and integrative assignments and experiences. To learn more, visit the Learning Communities Committee page.
Sharon Spence-Wilcox - Chair