Curriculum Coordinating Council
The CCC+ is a representative body that gives voice to all faculty and exercises a major role in the policies, decisions, and processes related to curriculum and instruction at Seattle Central College. The core functions of the CCC+ are to:
- Lead and coordinate all curriculum-related instructional planning and learning outcomes assessment with the goal to support and improve instructional programs.
- Discuss and resolve curriculum-related issues that come up in standing committees or elsewhere.
- Create inclusive, equitable, and systematic procedures for the development of new programs and degrees.
- Review and endorse new programs.
- Document, update, and share all curriculum policies.
- Hear and give voice to faculty ideas and priorities about curriculum and instruction.
Access the Curriculum Coordinating Council Bylaws (pdf). The CCC+ will consist of the following members.
- CCC+ Chair: Erin Steinke
- 4 Standing Committee Chairs:
- Alyssa Jocson-Porter (Co-Chair, Instructional Assessment and Program Review Committees)
- Elaine Ong (Co-Chair, Instructional Assessment and Program Review Committees)
- Joshua Whorley (Course Approval Committee)
- Sharon Spence-Wilcox (Learning Community Committee)
- 6 faculty representatives from the following mission areas:
- Academic Transfer: Helena Ribeiro
- Basic Skills and International Education Programs: Colleen Comidy
- Professional Technical Education: Scott Mahoney
- Counseling & Library: position open
- Satellite Campuses: position open
- Bachelor’s program representative: position open
- Instructional Dean: Lynn Kanne
- Representative from eLearning: Sanja Kadric
- Representative from Student Services: Julie Randall
- Representative from Associated Student Council: Bemi Hailu
The Vice President for Instruction and a member of Institutional Research/Institutional Effectiveness attend all CCC+ meetings but are not voting members.