As you near the end of your degree program, it's time to prepare for graduation. Graduation is the official process of earning a degree or certificate. The Commencement Ceremony is the annual event where we celebrate our graduates' accomplishments along with family, faculty and staff, and the community.
When you apply to graduate, advisors and staff in the Registrar's Office check to certify that all program requirements have been satisfied. Make sure to apply for graduation by the appropriate deadline. To ensure your name is in the printed commencement program, apply for graduation by Monday, May 9.
You may submit your application for graduation one quarter prior to your anticipated graduation date. While many programs have graduation application forms available online (see links below), all program forms are available in the Registration & Records office in BE1104.
To make sure you have met all your program requirements before applying to graduate, you should:
- Run a degree audit to review the courses you have taken and get your grades.
- Meet with a advisor/counselor to verify your graduation eligibility.
After you determine that you will complete the coursework required, it is your responsibility to submit the graduation form to apply for the award.
If your program requirements have changed since starting your degree, you may graduate under the catalog in effect at the time you complete the graduation requirements or under the provisions of an earlier official catalog, provided not more than five years have passed since the student last enrolled and provided that the courses required for completion are still offered.
Students are advised that if they graduate under an earlier catalog some current transfer requirements to four–year institutions may not be satisfied.
Please complete the free graduation application form for your degree or certificate program and submit it to the Registration Office in BE1104. You may also submit your application via email to Credentials.Central@seattlecolleges.edu. If the application for your program is not available here, please contact your program’s division office or counselor. Paper copies are also available in the Enrollment Services lobby in BE1104.
Degree / Diploma
- Associate in Arts Degree Application (pdf)
- Associate in Business Degree Application (pdf)
- Associate in Science Degree Application (pdf)
- Associate in Nursing Degree Application (pdf)
- Allied Health Generalist Track AAS-T Degree (pdf)
- Allied Health Respiratory Care Track AAS-T Degree (pdf)
- Apparel Design and Development AAS Degree (pdf)
- Application Support AAS–T Degree (pdf)
- BAS in Applied Behavioral Science (pdf)
- Business Technology Management AAS Degree (pdf)
- Cabinetmaking and Architectural Woodworking AAS Degree (pdf)
- Carpentry AAS Degree (pdf)
- Culinary Arts AAS Degree (pdf)
- Early Childhood and Family Studies AAS Degree (pdf)
- Early Childhood and Family Studies AAS-T Degree (pdf)
- Graphic Design AAS Degree (pdf)
- High School Diploma Application Form (pdf)
- Marine Technology AAS Degree (pdf)
- Network Design & Administration AAS–T Degree (pdf)
- Programming AAS–T Degree (pdf)
- Replacement Diploma (pdf)
- Social and Human Services AAS-T (pdf)
- Specialty Desserts & Breads AAS Degree (pdf)
- Surgical Technology AAS-T Degree (pdf)
- Visual Media AAS (pdf)
- Web Design AAS–T Degree (pdf)
- Web Development AAS–T Degree (pdf)
Professional Technical Certificate
- Application Support Certificate (pdf)
- Care Navigation & Coordination Short-Term Certificate (pdf)
- Chemical Dependency Certificate (pdf)
- Database Design & Administration Certificate (pdf)
- Early Childhood Education Certificate (pdf)
- Network Design & Administration Certificate (pdf)
- Network Design & Administration CISCO Certificate (pdf)
- Programming Certificate (pdf)
- Specialty Desserts & Breads Certificate (pdf)
- Surgical Technology Certificate (pdf)
- Web Design Certificate (pdf)
- Web Development Certificate (pdf)
There are three ways to request a replacement diploma: in person, by mail, or by fax. The cost is $15 per replacement diploma. Unfortunately, we cannot accept payments submitted via email. Within a week of receiving the request and having the payment processed successfully, diplomas will be available for pick up or mail delivery (USPS only). Replacement diploma requests will not be processed if a student has a debt or any other outstanding obligations to the college.
By Mail: Fill out the replacement diploma application (pdf). If paying with a credit or debit card, fill out the credit card form (pdf). If paying with a personal check, please make the check payable to "Seattle Central College." You may also pay with a money order. Do NOT send cash or coins. Mail application and payment to:
Seattle Central College
Office of Registration & Records
ATTN: Credentials Evaluator
1701 Broadway, Room BE1104B5
Seattle, WA 98122
In Person: Fill out the replacement diploma application (pdf), which can be obtained from the Registration front counter in the Enrollment Services Lobby (room BE1104). Take the completed form to the Cashier window to pay the required fee. Please make sure to bring photo identification (i.e. state ID card, driver's license, passport, etc.).
The Cashier hours are: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. with virtual services on Friday.