Incoming Transcript Evaluation

Seattle Colleges accept credit in transfer from other regionally accredited colleges or universities, recognized international colleges or universities, or post–secondary institutions; adequate performance on challenge exams or standardized advanced placement exams; relevant prior experiential learning (work experience); or other recognized educational experience such as military training or training approved by the state, industry, or a professional association.

There is no limit on approved transferred credits as long as residency and degree requirements are met. If you have attended other institutions that have awarded you college level credit, you need to complete an Incoming Transcript Evaluation Form to have these credits evaluated.

Your evaluation is specific to your program of study. If you are unsure of your program of study, please meet with an advisor or counselor prior to completing a request form. You will be sent a copy of your evaluation in the mail. Please allow eight weeks to process.

Official transcripts of International Baccalaureate, and AP score results are required for the purpose of transferring credit toward a Seattle Central certificate or degree. High school transcripts will not be accepted in lieu of the official score reports.

Incoming Transcript Evaluation Request Form

Advanced Placement (AP), Cambridge (CI) & International Baccalaureate (IB)

Official transcripts of AP, CI and IB test score results are required for the purpose of transferring credit toward a Seattle Central certificate or degree. High school transcripts will not be accepted in lieu of the official score reports.

International Credits

Students who wish to transfer credits from colleges and universities located outside the United States will need to have their transcripts evaluated by an independent international credentials evaluation agency. We recommend you use the services of one of the following organizations.

If applicable, be sure to select course–by–course evaluations. Those who are here studying on an F1 Visa must contact the International Programs office for information about transfer credit evaluations.

Recommended Credentials Evaluation Agencies

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc.
P.O. Box 6908 Beverly Hills, CA 90212
p: 310.275.3530 f: 310.275.3528 |

American Education Research Corporation
P.O. Box 996, West Covina, CA 91793–0996
p: 626.3389.4404 f: 626.339.9081 aerc–

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070 Milwaukee, WI 53203–3470
p: 414.289.3400 f: 414.289.3411 |

Foundation for International Services, Inc.
505 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 101, Edmonds, WA 98020
p: 425.248.2255 f: 425.248.2262 fis–

International Consultants of Delaware
PO Box 8629 Philadelphia, PA 19101–8626
p: 215.222.8454 ext. 603 f: 215.349.0026

International Education Evaluations, Inc.
7900 Matthews-Mint Hill Rd., Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28227
p: 704.772.0109

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue Miami, FL 33173
p: 305.273.1616 f: 305.273.1338 fax translations: 305.273.1984 |

Scholaro, Inc.
29 E Madison St, Suite 1005 Chicago, IL 60602
P: 312.373.0952

World Education Services
PO Box 5087 Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274–5087
p: 212.966.6311 f: 212.739.6120

International Credits Evaluation Procedure

  1. Submit the officially sealed agency evaluation to Admissions in the Enrollment Services Lobby, BE1104, in person, or by mail. Do not open officially sealed documents.
  2. Submit an official copy of the un–translated original transcript. Seattle Central will accept a photocopy of the original un–translated transcript if it is sent by one of the credential evaluation agencies listed above.
  3. Submit a copy of the transcript translated into English along with the course–by–course evaluation done by the credential evaluation agency.
  4. Complete the Incoming Transcript Evaluation Request form for the degree you plan to earn and submit it to Admissions. This form will only be accepted once both the transcript and agency evaluation have been received.

Seattle Central's credentials evaluators will review the official international evaluation and international transcript to identify credits which can be transferred into Seattle Central for a degree or certificate.

An official evaluation will be mailed to you, usually within 7–9 weeks after submission of the request. However, during high volume periods, the turnaround time may be longer.

Note: International credits accepted for transfer into Seattle Central for degrees or certificates will not necessarily be recognized at any other domestic university or college. Not all U.S. universities or colleges use international evaluation/translation agencies. It is recommended that students contact the universities and colleges they plan to attend to see what procedures should be followed when transferring international credits.

Advanced Placement & International Baccalaureate

Reciprocity Agreement Instructions

What is Reciprocity?

Reciprocity is a policy among Washington community and technical colleges (CTCs) designed to assist students in transferring courses that have met Communication Skills, Quantitative Skills, or Distribution requirements from one CTC to another.

Who is eligible for Reciprocity?

Students who transfer from one CTC to another may be eligible for reciprocity if they have:

  • Applied for Admission to the receiving college.
  • Completed an individual course at the sending college that meets the Communication, Quantitative, or Distribution Area requirement for the same degree; OR, completed entire areas of their degree requirements at the sending college (Communication, Humanities, etc.).
  • Maintained a cumulative college–level GPA of 2.0 or better at the sending college.
  • Met the sending college residency requirement (minimum number of credits earned).
  • Continued to pursue the same degree (DTA or AS–T) at the receiving college.
  • Provided all necessary documentation to receiving college.
  • Met the receiving college local provisos of unique, local prerequisite and graduation requirements. These requirements may include learning communities/coordinated studies requirements, writing-intensive course requirements, diversity requirements, physical education/health requirements, the last certain number of credits completed at the receiving college, and the receiving college continuous enrollment policy (catalog agreement).

Then, the receiving institution agrees to consider that the distribution area requirements have been met upon evaluating the student's transcript and awarding the student's degree.

What steps do students need to follow to have their credits transferred under the reciprocity agreement?

  1. Have an official copy of your transcript sent to the receiving college.
  2. Submit "Request for Evaluation of Transfer–in Credits" to the Registrar's Office of the receiving college (or whatever the receiving college calls this form).
  3. Submit the  Reciprocity Agreement Request (pdf) form to the Registrar's Office.