Honoring Our 2020 Graduates: Celebration Parade on June 25
Congratulations to all Seattle Central 2020 graduates! You were #unstoppable as you exhibited great determination and perseverance to become a Central graduate. You were particularly challenged as you navigated an unprecedented change in instruction successfully.
Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic, we are unable to honor you at a traditional in-person commencement ceremony. However, to acknowledge your accomplishment, we are inviting you to participate in a drive-through/ walk-up celebration on campus. In addition to your procession through a ceremonial route on campus, you will be presented with a graduation gift and the opportunity to take a ceremonial photo. You will also be invited to participate in the next scheduled in-person Seattle Colleges Graduation event at T-Mobile Field.
Location: Seattle Central Havard Garage Rooftop (Graduates will enter at the Harvard entrance)
Date: June 25, 2020
Time: Graduates can drive through or walk up anytime between 1 and 4 p.m.
Attendees at the celebration MUST:
- Wear masks
- Follow 6 feet apart social distancing guidelines during photos
- Refrain from congregating with others attending
- Refrain from attending if ill
RSVP through this form is highly recommended so we can plan staffing and social distancing accordingly.
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Uncertainty around the current pandemic has led us to cancel the June 25 in-person commencement ceremony. However, we are working with staff and student leaders to show love, appreciation, and admiration to graduates (more on that below).
We are determined to celebrate the Class of 2020 in a manner fitting of your hard work and perseverance. Additionally, all 2020 graduates will be invited to walk across the stage at the next Seattle Colleges Commencement ceremony.
- Hosting a drive-through/ walk-up Graduation Celebration Parade on Seattle Central's main campus on June 25. Details are found below on this page.
- Preparing a “Commencement in a Box” to ensure graduates receive the keepsakes of our traditional commencement like a diploma cover, program, and other fun gifts.
- Soon launching a special campaign to highlight and salute the Class of 2020, including a strong social media component so everyone can share in the celebration.
- Providing opportunities to celebrate your accomplishements on a Kudoboard and social media! Learn more here.
Please visit the Seattle Colleges District Commencement website to learn more and stay tuned for more information.