Honoring Our 2021 Graduates
Congratulations to all Seattle Central 2021 graduates! You were #unstoppable as you exhibited great determination and perseverance to become a Central graduate. You were particularly challenged as you navigated an unprecedented change in instruction successfully.
Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic, we are unable to honor you at a traditional commencement ceremony. However, to acknowledge your accomplishment, we are inviting you to participate in a drive-through/ walk-up celebration on campus. In addition to your procession through a ceremonial route on campus, you will be presented with a graduation gift and the opportunity to take a ceremonial photo.
Seattle Central Graduate Celebration Parade
Location: Seattle Central Havard Garage Rooftop (Graduates will enter at the Harvard entrance)
Date: Save the date - Saturday, June 19, 2021, 3 to 6 p.m. Early and late graduates may not be able to go through the parade route.
Time: Graduates can drive through or walk-up in a 3-hour time slot. Grads will receive a graduation gift including your diploma cover, as well as cheers from college leadership staff and faculty! Feel free to wear regalia if you have ordered it - there will be plenty of photo opportunities.
RSVP is encouraged but not required.
Linked here is a map to give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of flow for the graduation.
- Please try to enter from the north side of campus and turn right into the garage from Harvard. This will help with traffic flow.
- Parking is available on the bottom levels of the garage. You may not park on the rooftop at anytime.
- Drivers will have the opportunity to get their graduation gift package, but will be encouraged keep it moving. If you would like to take a photo with the president or participate in the selfie station, you will need to park and walk back up.
- Walkers can either loop up the ramp or come up the stairs on the Northeast corner of the parking garage.
- An accessible ramp will be available from the main entrance for those with mobility needs.
Other things to note:
- Families and friends are welcome to join and celebrate you There will be opportunities for professional photos and selfies.
- You will only receive your diploma cover on Saturday, along with the graduation booklet.
- Masks and social distancing with groups who are not in your immediate household are still required.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19, please refrain from attending.
Please refer to the Commencement website or email Emily.email@example.com for any questions not answered ab
Though there will not be a formal commencement ceremony, you can still order for photos at the graduation parade and/or on your own in one of the following two ways:
- Delivery – Seattle Central students can place online orders through North Seattle College’s bookstore for delivery directly to your address.
- Pick up at campus bookstore – If you’d prefer to pick up your regalia at the Seattle Central campus bookstore, please email the form on page 2 of this regalia info packet firstname.lastname@example.org by June 11, 2021.
Seattle Central Alumni Association Open House
June 23, 2021 - 5 to 6 p.m. Register for virtual event here.
The Alumni Association at Seattle Central College invites you to learn more about what to expect from the alumni experience, opportunities for board leadership, and our initiatives in the community. Please visit the Seattle Colleges District Commencement website to learn more and stay tuned for more information.
Please visit the Seattle Colleges District Commencement website to learn more and stay tuned for more information.
To have your name included in the commencement program, please submit your graduation application by Friday, May 14. Submissions will still be accepted after that date but inclusion in the program is not guaranteed.
Questions about the commmencement celebration can be directed to: email@example.com