Here you will find the materials to assist you with Seattle Central's Service-Learning Program. If you missed the in-class orientation, you must view the 11 minute on-line video. Click on "video" on the sidebar.
Students who wish to participate in the Service-Learning Program must read the Student Manual (pdf).
A resource book of opportunities specifically tailored for service-learning (the Service-Learning Yellow Pages) is available in the Service-Learning Office and in Seattle Central's library.
- Service-Learning Agreement (pdf)
- Service-Learning Registration (pdf)
- Student Time Sheet (pdf)
- Student Volunteer Evaluation of Placement (pdf)
As a student it is important to keep in mind your own personal, academic and career goals. Service-learning is a teaching and learning method which enables you to define, support and explore your world.
By extending your learning into the community you can:
- Enhance your understanding of course content
- Create/expand opportunities for yourself when transferring
- Explore career options
- Empower yourself and others through leadership, citizenry and social action