The Art of War
ART 105 Modern Art; ART 255 Survey of Asian Art; HIST 210 The Pacific Century; HUM 105 Intercultural Communications.
Math in Motion I
MATH 151 Calculus I; PHYS 221 Physics I for Engineers; CSC 102Q Computers in Math.
Speaking Up – Building Bridges, Building Community
CMST& 101 Intro to Communications; ENGL&101 English Composition I; HDC 101 Orientation to College Success; HUM 150 Ways of Knowing; INFO 101 Introduction to Information Resources.
What is a learning community?
- Group of courses that are team taught by two or more faculty members with fully integrated course work.
- Integrates multiple disciplinary perspectives and leads students to actionable solutions.
- Can be a full course load with a total package of 10-15 credits.
- Interactive curriculum includes student seminars, field trips, group projects, performances, guest speakers, co-curricular activities – anything but your traditional classroom fare.
Why would a student want to enroll in one?
- Explore issues and concerns of a topical theme with instructors from different subject areas (academic disciplines).
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills, while making connections across academic disciplines.
- Enter and complete an educational journey that welcomes life experiences and encourages problem-based learning.
- Retain knowledge and gain a sense of belonging at our college.
- Build bonds with your peers that will help in your academic success.
- Meet the Integrated Studies special requirement for the AA transfer degree.