Out-of-State Students

Students from all states and the District of Columbia are welcome to apply now. Contact eLearning with questions at DisLrn@SeattleColleges.edu.

Admission into a program is dependent on program availability in the state where the student is physically located at the time of acceptance. Students will not be able to register for more classes if they move to a state where Seattle Central College does not offer programs. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the institution of a change in physical presence.

SARA Institution


Seattle Central College is a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).  SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. SARA’s intent is  to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.

Programs Leading to Professional Licensure

Seattle Central offers some programs that lead to professional licensure in the State of Washington only. However, our online courses and programs do not lead to professional licensure or teacher certification for public schools. All of our courses and programs are fully accredited and course credits may transfer to university programs that may lead to state professional licensure. Please contact eLearning with any questions at DisLrn@SeattleColleges.edu

Student Complaints 

As part of the process of gaining approval to serve out-of-state students, state and federal guidelines require us to provide information about resolving complaints about our instruction or student services.

Location & Address Change

Students are responsible for notifying the college if they are taking courses from, or reside, outside of Washington State. Instructions for notifying the college of an address change can be found on our Change of Address page. Thank you.

College Tuition Refund Policy

Students who have paid tuition and withdraw from class(es) may have a refund owing based on the college's Refund Policy.