How Self–Paced Courses Work
Self–Paced courses are conducted online in Canvas. Students log into Canvas to view their study guide containing a syllabus, list of required texts and instructions on how to complete lessons. Assignments and exams are evaluated by an instructor. Communication is via Canvas or email. Students have up to 6 months to complete their course.
The Benefits of Self–Paced Courses
- Self–Paced courses encompass a wide variety of requirements ranging from electives to Master's degrees and certificate programs.
- Students have up to 6 months to complete their course work.
- Degree requirements are more accessible due to the late start option.
- Courses can fit into busy schedules, family responsibilities or work obligations.
Participation and Eligibility
Anyone 18 years or older may register for Self–Paced courses. However, this does not constitute admission to the college. Students who only wish to register for a few courses and are not attempting to earn a degree or certificate are enrolled as non–matriculated students. This option allows students to self–advise. Students who elect to self–advise are responsible for keeping themselves informed of course prerequisites and requirements. International Students attending Seattle Central College should consult with their counselor or advisor before enrolling in these courses.
Tuition cost per course is as follows:
- $600.25 for Washington State Residents
- $676.35 for Non–Residents (U.S. Citizen)
- $700.25 for International Students
All tuition includes a $20 non–refundable fee.
- Full time fees paid by students who have been admitted to Seattle Central cannot be applied toward tuition for Self–Paced courses.
- Self–Paced courses are not eligible for financial aid, and the courses do not meet the requirements for loan deferment purposes.