New Student Orientation
The START New Student Orientation will introduce you to resources, support and opportunities available at Seattle Central College. It will prepare you for your first quarter on campus.
If you're new to college, it's highly recommended that you take the In-Person Orientation.
Are You Ready for the In-Person Orientation?
- Applied to Seattle Central College
- Planned your funding
- Completed your placement test for English and Math or brought in your transcripts to be evaluated for English and Math placement.
- If you have completed all of the above, then click the sign up link below.
Attend orientation before classes begin and get the guidance you need to start your college experience off right. While you are on-campus for orientation, you will:
- Explore options to fund your education
- Discover resources & services available to support your educational goals
- Select your program of study and get help planning your first quarter
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes
- Take a student‐led tour of campus
*Please bring a photo ID and a form of payment with you when you attend the in-person orientation.
You are required to complete the placement for classes step of the enrollment process prior to attending in-person orientation and/or bring your unofficial transcripts from any colleges that you have attended to help with course planning.
If you are not able to attend an in‐person orientation or have attended a college before coming to Seattle Central College, you may take the orientation online.
Running Start, International Education and Basic and Transitional Studies (ABE, ESL, and GED®) have separate orientations, and students enrolled in those programs are not required to participate in the START New Student Orientation.
If you have taken classes at North Seattle College or South Seattle College or have already earned an associate or bachelor's degree, you are eligible to bypass the New Student Orientation. Contact the Registration Office for more information.