Info for Faculty & Staff
Want to collaborate? We do too! Please contact CareerServicesCenter@seattlecolleges.edu to get started.
Here are ways we can offer support to Seattle Central staff and faculty. Note: These services are offered on a case-by-case basis depending on current staffing capacity.
Career Services for Faculty and Staff
Class Presentations - Our team is available virtually to make presentations or present workshops on a variety of subjects. Some sample topics:
- Career Exploration Center 101: What We Can Do For You!
- Guided Pathways: Exploring and choosing an area of study.
- Networking strategies (using LinkedIn and other resources)
- Exploring careers that match student interests and values
- Enhancing job-readiness skills (finding internships, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, etc.)
Event Support and Collaboration - We can support or partner with other Seattle Central programs to host First-Year Experience and/or Job Readiness events. Some past examples include Career Fairs, Speed Networking events, and Welcome Week.
Career Center Newsletter - We send a weekly newsletter that contains job/internship postings, free professional development events, and the latest Career Exploration Center updates. Let us know if you or a student would like to subscribe to our Canvas resource, or you would like us to add content to our next newsletter.
Student Referrals - Even when we aren’t able to completely answer student requests, we’ll ensure that they are connected with the right people or programs within Seattle Central. If any of your students need career exploration assistance, please feel free to send them our way.