Meet with an Advisor
- Career Exploration - Exploring career options and academic paths to get there
- First-year Advising - Basic academic advising focusing on students who are still undecided on their career or program.
- Job Readiness - Resume and cover letter review, career-related workshops, and interview preparation.
- Scholarships - Search tips as well as navigation assistance of Seattle Central’s Foundation scholarship.
- If you are a current student, schedule an appointment through Starfish.
- If you’re a new student or need assistance with scheduling, contact us at 206-934-4068 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- After making your appointment, you will be provided with additional information, so be sure to check your seattlecolleges.edu email (or personal email if you aren’t a current student). Here is info on how to access your school email address.
Zoom is an application that you can use to video call and share screens with your advisor or coach. You can sign up and download Zoom.
You can find video tutorials for using Zoom here.
If you schedule a Zoom appointment with your advisor, the advisor will send a Zoom meeting invitation to your email. The meeting invitation will include a link to join the meeting, as well as a “Meeting ID number.” When your appointment time arrives, just open Zoom and click that link or enter that “Meeting ID number” into Zoom.
Please provide us with your preferred phone number when you schedule a phone appointment. We will reach you at this number for your scheduled appointment.
We offer 30-minute advising appointments over the phone, through Zoom, or in-person in the Advising and Career Services Center. We recommend an appointment if you have questions about degree completion, requirements for your major, long-range planning, or need help picking classes. Please note that in-person services are currently available Monday through Thursday.
You can schedule an advising appointment through Starfish, by calling us at 206-934-4068, or by emailing AdvisorCentral@seattlecolleges.edu. For phone calls and emails, please remember to include your name, ctcLink ID Number (EMPLID), and your advisor's name, if known.
Who can use Starfish?
- Students who have taken a class in the last 12 academic quarters and know their MySeattleColleges username and password.
- Students who have applied in the past 3 years and have created their MySeattleColleges password. You need your ctcLink ID number (EMPLID) and ctcLink Password to create your password. If you do not know your ctcLink Password, please contact the Admissions office.
*Please note that if you applied to the college but never enrolled in classes before March 1, 2021, your information is not in our student management system and you must reapply to the college. For further information, please contact Registration.Central@seattlecolleges.edu
Click Here to learn more information about using Starfish
Watch this video to find out how to schedule an appointment: