Apply for Veterans Benefits

New Students

Determine what benefits are available to you and plan the funding for your education.

  • Visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Education & Training website to Apply for Educational Benefits (VONAPP).
  • In addition to applying for veterans benefits, you should complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to discover if you qualify for additional funding. If you are Active Duty National Guard a completed FAFSA will determine if you are eligible for grant funding.
  • Eligible for the Worker Retraining Program? Contact Worker Retraining to learn more and access your benefits.

Enroll at Seattle Central College.

  • Submit transcripts from other colleges you have attended to the Admissions Office for evaluation.
  • Take a Placement Test if you have not previously taken college–level English or math classes.
  • Register for Classes Veterans are eligible to register prior to the standard period, so register early! Note: If you plan to register for 1/4 time or less, you will receive funding for tuition but not for books and other expenses.
  • Pay and prepare. Veterans have a 10–day "hold period" for submitting payment.

Meet with the Student Veteran Support Specialist Kerry Holifield, Jr. to connect with student services and engage in campus activities.
Bring the following to the Financial aid office:

  • Transcript evaluation
  • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA
  • A copy of your DD214 Member Copy 4
  • Notice of Basic Eligibilty (NOBE)

Financial Aid Office/Veterans
Room BE1104

Current Students

Register for Classes.

  • Veterans may register early! Login to view your Registration Appointment Time.
  • Inform the Veterans Affairs Program Coordinator Tran, Diem-thuy that you are registered for the following quarter.
  • Register for classes that are required for your Veterans–approved degree or certificate.
  • Maintain satisfactory Academic Progress.
    • Grades are checked at the end of each quarter.
    • You may owe funds back to the Veterans Affairs Program Coordinator if you withdraw or drop classes.
    • You may also owe money back to the Veterans Affairs Program Coordinator if you receive a non–punitive grade.

Notify Veterans Affairs of any changes in your enrollment. Verify your enrollment (and release monthly payments) by calling 1.877.823.2378 or record your attendance at W.A.V.E.