Student Complaint Process

It is the policy of Seattle Central College that students should have an accessible process to bring problems or complaints to the attention of the College for review and resolution. To that end, the College has established a process for students, without fear of reprisal, to raise concerns about a program, their learning experience or the services received in situations where a College policy or procedure specific to their concerns is not already in place.

There are numerous resources available to assist students in resolving problems or complaints that may arise in on campus department or classroom. The Dean of Student Development is the designated campus complaints officer and is available to meet with students to discuss issues, devise problem–solving strategies, and if necessary, guide them through the formal complaints process. Make an appointment (206.934.3840) to meet for assistance, support and advice. You can also reach them via email:

You can find information in the Student Leadership webpage under Student Complaint located in the Student Resource section.

The Seattle Colleges District has developed policies and procedures that are generally set forth in the Washington Administrative Code (WAC) chapter WAC 132F.121.060 (District 370) to be used for the processing and disposition of complaints about campus employees. These procedures are designed to respect the rights and dignity of both the complainant and the respondent in the resolution of the problem. Students' rights are carefully protected to ensure that they do not suffer retaliation from articulating a problem or filing a formal complaint.

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit Washington Student Achievement Council Student Complaint Process for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.