Most student parking permits can be purchased online.
There are 2 types of drive alone permits available for students to purchase, either online (preferable) or in person at the college cashier:
- All day, daily permit, which allows the student to park every day at every time (no overnight parking or storing of vehicles permitted). Cost is $175 per quarter. These permits are only available until they sell out, and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Sales of these permits are very restricted to a certain number per quarter.
- Night time permit. This permit allows students to utilize the garage from 4 – 10:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, Fridays from 4 – 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. exclusively. The cost for this permit is $35.
New partnership with Zimride
Seattle Colleges is happy to announce our new partnership with Zimride by Enterprise to offer students, faculty and staff a private social ridesharing network. Zimride makes sharing rides for drivers and passengers easy. You can sign in, set up a profile and post your one time ride or commute to school, work, meetings or the airport.
How do I sign up and post a ride?
Go to zimride.com/seattlecolleges. Next, click on the green "Sign up" button and use your @seattlecolleges.edu email address to create a free account.
- Summer quarter parking is available on a first come basis. The costs are $132 for daytime, all day parking and $25 for the night time permit (4 p.m. and later), same hours apply as for the Fall through Spring academic terms.
- Pay online by credit card or the Seattle Colleges Card.
- For Spring quarter, we will be mailing all permits purchased online. Please expect them to take a week or so to get to you.
- Temporary permits can be downloaded if purchased online within seven days of the quarter start date.
- Minimum of two currently enrolled Seattle Central students required to qualify.
- Children under 16 do not qualify as carpool partners.
- No minimum credit hour requirements for eligibility.
- Please visit the Transportation Services Office, BE1143, to discuss.
- Cost is $100 per regular quarter and $75 for summer quarter.
Student carpool rules:
- At least two students, with IDs, must be in the vehicle.
- Harvard Garage parking attendant keeps a list of carpools and will check IDs.
- Students must remain registered for the entire quarter.
- If one or more students drop out, the remaining carpool must either find replacements, or surrender the carpool permit.
- A maximum of four days per quarter is allowed without at least two students per carpool. After that, the daily rate of $10 will apply.
- Transportation Services reserves the right to rescind any permit or privileges.
- Students with physical disabilities or those who need special accommodations, should contact the Transportation Services Office for alternative parking arrangements in BE4113.
- Special considerations will be given to students who have Washington State handicapped decals or who provide a doctor's note detailing the medical condition(s).
- Students with disabilities may purchase daytime parking permits at any time, in person, at the Transportation Services Office in BE1143.
Permit Refunds or Replacements
- If returned before the sixth instructional day of the quarter (first week), full refund, less $5 fee.
- If returned between the sixth and fifteenth instructional days (third week), 50 percent refund.
- No refunds after the third week of the quarter.
- Please take special care to not lose your permit, there are no replacement permits available for the day time permits.
For a comprehensive list of parking rules and regulations, please see this WA state page.