Most student parking permits can be purchased online.
There are 2 types of drive alone permits available for students to purchase, either online (preferable) or in person at the college cashier:
- All day, daily permit, which allows the student to park every day at every time (no overnight parking or storing of vehicles permitted). Cost is $175 per quarter. These permits are only available until they sell out, and are offered on a first come, first served basis. Sales of these permits are very restricted to a certain number per quarter.
- Night time permit. This permit allows students to utilize the garage from 4 – 10:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, Fridays from 4 – 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. exclusively. The cost for this permit is $35.
New partnership with Zimride
Seattle Colleges is happy to announce our new partnership with Zimride by Enterprise to offer students, faculty and staff a private social ridesharing network. Zimride makes sharing rides for drivers and passengers easy. You can sign in, set up a profile and post your one time ride or commute to school, work, meetings or the airport.
How do I sign up and post a ride?
Go to zimride.com/seattlecolleges. Next, click on the green "Sign up" button and use your @seattlecolleges.edu email address to create a free account.
- Summer quarter parking is available on a first come basis. The costs are $132 for daytime, all day parking and $25 for the night time permit (4 p.m. and later), same hours apply as for the Fall through Spring academic terms.
- Pay online by credit card or the Seattle Colleges Card.
- Pick up permit in Transportation Services Office, BE1143, the next day, or pay in person at the college cashier (only for those who are not able to register for classes online).
- Temporary permits can be downloaded if purchased online within seven days of the quarter start date.
- Minimum of two currently enrolled Seattle Central students required to qualify.
- Children under 16 do not qualify as carpool partners.
- No minimum credit hour requirements for eligibility.
- Please visit the Transportation Services Office, BE1143, to discuss.
- Cost is $100 per regular quarter and $75 for summer quarter.
Student carpool rules:
- At least two students, with IDs, must be in the vehicle.
- Harvard Garage parking attendant keeps a list of carpools and will check IDs.
- Students must remain registered for the entire quarter.
- If one or more students drop out, the remaining carpool must either find replacements, or surrender the carpool permit.
- A maximum of four days per quarter is allowed without at least two students per carpool. After that, the daily rate of $10 will apply.
- Transportation Services reserves the right to rescind any permit or privileges.
- Students with physical disabilities or those who need special accommodations, should contact the Transportation Services Office for alternative parking arrangements in BE4113.
- Special considerations will be given to students who have Washington State handicapped decals or who provide a doctor's note detailing the medical condition(s).
- Students with disabilities may purchase daytime parking permits at any time, in person, at the Transportation Services Office in BE1143.
Permit Refunds or Replacements
- If returned before the sixth instructional day of the quarter (first week), full refund, less $5 fee.
- If returned between the sixth and fifteenth instructional days (third week), 50 percent refund.
- No refunds after the third week of the quarter.
- Permits may be replaced for $20, if available.