Volunteer Tutoring Program
New students: Please fill out the BTS Application for ESL, GED, or High School + classes.
Summer Quarter begins June 26.
Fall Quarter begins September 26.
ESL orientations have been filled for Summer Quarter. We encourage you to apply for Fall Quarter if you are interested in studying ESL.
If you are returning after taking a break, please contact us to get registered.
Do you have questions?
- Get help in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays from 9 a.m - 3:30 p.m. in Room 3122 on Central’s main campus. Campus Entry Procedures.
- Call or email us at 206.934.4180 or email@example.com
- Join us through Zoom – see hours below.
Zoom Drop-In Hours for general questions about ESL, ABE, GED, and HS+ classes
- 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
The Basic & Transitional Studies Volunteer Tutoring Program provides individual and small group tutoring for students enrolled in Seattle Central classes (Adult Basic Education, GED, and English as a Second Language classes), so that they can emerge from education with the skills needed to advance closer towards their aspirations, goals, and life needs.
We match volunteer tutors and students for 1-3 hours per week. All tutoring happens online, most often on Zoom, or in-person.
- If you’re a student interested in getting a tutor, please complete a Tutoring Request Form for more information.
- If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer tutor, please complete a Volunteer Application for more information.
Seattle Central College
Tutoring Program Coordinator
1701 Broadway – BE3124
Seattle, WA 98122