Volunteer Tutoring Program
The Basic & Transitional Studies Volunteer Tutoring Program provides individual and small group tutoring for students enrolled in Seattle Central classes (Adult Basic Education, GED and English as a Second Language classes), so that they can gain the academic skills needed to advance to their next class level.
We offer drop-in tutor for quick homework questions and then we match volunteer tutors and students for 1-3 hours per week. Students should fill out an application early in the quarter for a stronger chance of receiving a tutor. Call, write, or email for an information packet.
Winter Quarter 2020 Dates to Remember
- Monday, Jan. 13 - Tutoring Begins
- Friday, March 13 - Tutoring Ends
- Monday, Jan. 20, and Monday, Feb. 17 - TUTORING CENTER CLOSED
- Thursday, Feb. 6 - No classes, tutoring optional
*Please email to confirm attendance*
- Monday, 12/16; Wednesday, 12/18; and Tuesday, 12/31, 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12/17, 12 p.m.
- Friday, 1/3, 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday, 1/6-1/9, 1 p.m.
Seattle Central College
Interim Tutoring Program Coordinator
1701 Broadway – BE3124
Seattle, WA 98122