Volunteer Tutoring Program
The Basic & Transitional Studies Volunteer Tutoring Program provides individual and small group tutoring for students enrolled in Seattle Central classes (Adult Basic Education, GED and English as a Second Language classes), so that they can gain the academic skills needed to advance to their next class level.
We offer drop-in tutor for quick homework questions and then we match volunteer tutors and students for 1-3 hours per week. Students should fill out an application early in the quarter for a stronger chance of receiving a tutor. Call, write, or email for an information packet.
Summer Quarter 2020 Dates to Remember
- Tutoring Begins - Monday, July 6th
- Tutoring Ends - Friday, August 14th
Fall Quarter 2020
- Tutoring Begins - Monday, October 12th
- Tutoring Ends - Wednesday, December 9th
- TUTORING CENTER CLOSED - Thursday, November 5th
- NO CLASSES - Wednesday, November 11th, tutoring optional
Seattle Central College
Interim Tutoring Program Coordinator
1701 Broadway – BE3124
Seattle, WA 98122