Learning Center Seattle
Learning Center Seattle helps learners improve their lives through one-on-one education advocacy and case management services as well as tuition-free college at any of the Seattle colleges up to an AA degree. Our instructors, case managers, education advocates and tutors can help you at every step of the way - from completing your GED®, to finishing your degree or technical training, and even finding employment. Learning Center Seattle is an Open Doors 1418 youth reengagement program.
At Learning Center Seattle, you'll find the tools you need to succeed both in and out of the classroom.
The Learning Center Seattle program is free of charge to eligible students, who are 16 to 21 years old and have not completed high school but want to earn their GED® to go on to college, technical training and/or start a career. Eligible students may enroll with a prior GED® certificate to work employment goals or pursue college as well. The Learning Center Seattle program provides the following services and resources to students:
- Free preparation for the GED® and college entrance exams (Wonderlic, ALEKS)
- Free vouchers to take the the GED® Ready tests, GED® official tests, and college entrance exams
- Morning and afternoon GED® class options
- Learn–at–your–own–pace college atmosphere
- One–on–one attention from Seattle Central College faculty members
- Employment support and social services through a King County Case Manager
- Preparation to enter college through King County post-secondary Case Manager
- For those enrolling with a prior GED® certificate and want to access to tuition-free college, students will work with King County post-secondary Case Manager to create and complete a college readiness plan before college
- Tuition–free college to attend any of the Seattle Colleges up to an AA degree
- College Navigation with an Education Advocate through King County post-secondary Case Manager
- Free services through a Case Manager through King County
- Referrals to various on–campus programs to continue supporting your education
For information on the pathway and continuing after earning your GED, check out the LCS GED Map.
The first step is to sign–up for an information session to see if the Learning Center Seattle program is right for you!
Information Sessions are held in room BE2125 at Seattle Central College. All students are required to attend an information session to learn more about the program before making a decision to enroll. Sign up for an information session by clicking on one of the dates listed below. You will be routed to a sign-up page. We will send you an email to confirm your spot and provide you with details on preparing for your information session.
Forms for Learning Center Seattle
We are here to support you beyond accomplishing your GED®. In addition to the one–on–one help you'll receive from an Education Advocate, we have built relationships with many support programs at all the Seattle Colleges. Check out some of the Seattle Central College support programs below:
- Learning Support & Tutoring
- TRiO Student Support Services
- Multicultural Services
- Student Parent Support
- Women's Programs
- College Success Program
- English as a Second Language (ESL/ELL) programs
Learning Center Seattle was developed as a partnership of: