High School 21+
High School 21+ is a competency–based program for students with work or life experience that shows an ability to perform at the minimum level required for a Washington State diploma. Competency–based means demonstrating skills and knowledge. High School 21+ is offered at the main campus (1701 Broadway) and also at Seattle Vocational Institute, a satellite campus of Seattle Central. Tuition: $25 per quarter.
If interested, contact your former high school or school district and request an official transcript in an unopened, sealed envelope. Also, contact Debbie McLaughlin for more information 206.934.4142, Deborah.McLaughlin@seattlecolleges.edu.
How to enroll at the main campus (1701 Broadway)
New students must register before the quarter begins and attend an orientation. The orientation is 3 hours a day for 4 days and includes program information, assessments, testing, goal setting and registering for core classes. Tuition ($25) is for orientation; the classes you are placed in at the end of orientation are included in this tuition.
- Please open the flyer on the right-hand side (or below for small screens) to see dates for when you can register for orientation.
- Visit room BE3122 on the Seattle Central main campus. Bring a picture ID and $25 for tuition.
- Register for orientation.
- Pay the $25 tuition.
- Start attending classes on the first day of the quarter.
- Attend a High School 21+ information session on the first day. You will receive information about this during orientation.
How to enroll at Seattle Vocational Institute (2121 S. Jackson)
- Call 206.934.4950 to confirm the next Admissions Workshop - what date and in what room.
- Attend the Admissions Workshop, usually Wednesdays starting at 1 p.m. and lasting until 5 p.m.
- Bring your official, unopened transcript to the High School 21+ teacher.
- Meet with the teacher for an information session, Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. in room 308.
- Reading/writing/math classes are in the mornings, and the specific High School 21+ portfolio class is Thursday afternoons.