High School 21+
High School 21+ is a competency–based program for students with work or life experience that shows an ability to perform at the minimum level required for a Washington State diploma. Competency–based means demonstrating skills and knowledge. High School 21+ is offered at the main campus (1701 Broadway) and also at Seattle Vocational Institute, a satellite campus of Seattle Central. Tuition: $25 per quarter.
If interested, read this pdf and follow the directions there.
HS 21 information contact: Debbie McLaughlin, Director of Basic & Transitional Studies, 206.934.4142, Deborah.McLaughlin@seattlecolleges.edu.
How to enroll at the main campus (1701 Broadway)
New students must register before the quarter begins and attend an orientation. The orientation is 3 hours a day for 4 days and includes program information, assessments, testing, goal setting and registering for core classes. Tuition ($25) is for orientation; the classes you are placed in at the end of orientation are included in this tuition.
- Please open the flyer on the right-hand side (or below for small screens) to see dates for when you can register for orientation.
- Visit room BE3122 on the Seattle Central main campus. Bring a picture ID and $25 for tuition.
- Register for orientation.
- Pay the $25 tuition.
- Start attending classes on the first day of the quarter.
- Attend a High School 21+ information session on the first day. You will receive information about this during orientation.
How to enroll at Seattle Vocational Institute (2121 S. Jackson)
- Call 206.934.4950 to confirm the next Admissions Workshop - what date and in what room.
- Attend the Admissions Workshop, usually Wednesdays starting at 1 p.m. and lasting until 5 p.m.
- Bring your official, unopened transcript to the High School 21+ teacher.
- Meet with the teacher for an information session, Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. in room 308.
- Reading/writing/math classes are in the mornings, and the specific High School 21+ portfolio class is Thursday afternoons.