Transitions Center


Be sure to report your vaccine or exemption status (Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese).

New students: Please fill out the BTS Application for ESL, GED, or High School + classes

BTS Application

Spring Orientations for new students begin in March 2022.

Classes may be in-person or virtual. If you are returning after taking a break, please contact us to get registered. If you are a current student in classes, your teacher will help you register for Spring.

Do you have questions?

Call or email us at 206.934.4180 or Join us through zoom – see hours below.

Zoom Drop-In Hours for general questions about ESL, ABE, GED, and HS+ classes

Tuesday and Thursday:

  • 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
  • 3 – 5 p.m.

Connect here (ZOOM)

The Transitions Center is a place where students in Basic & Transitional Studies (BTS) can get help with the steps of moving from ESL, ABE, GED, and HS+ courses into Certificate and Degree Programs.

Find current drop-in hours and appointment schedule, as well as other resources in the Transitions Center Canvas Shell.

Get help with the following

  • Applying for Financial Aid or other funding for college.
  • Learning about different programs and options at Seattle Central or other schools.
  • Advising for students in Basic & Transitional Studies (BTS). Schedule an Advising Appointment to create an Education Plan from your current level in BTS to the start of your college program.
  • Learn about and enroll in an I-BEST job training program.
  • Get help with any other questions or steps of continuing your education beyond Basic Studies.

Explore the Pathway Maps to learn more!