BE Learning Center
Remote Operations Updates:
Website Updates for Summer Quarter 2021 Operations
BE Learning Center – Summer QTR 2021
Summer Qtr 2021 Operations Updates: Most tutoring will be conducted remotely, via our Zoom accounts. However, on Tuesdays from 10AM-2PM, we will be open in-person for tutoring drop-ins and appointments.
To view tutor schedules, make appointments and find the Zoom account link: Log in to your Starfish account then, go to the Starfish Main Menu ->My Success Network -> Services -> BE Learning Center-Central. For instructions on how to log in and use Starfish, please see this link. OR You can find our Zoom links by logging into your Canvas account and selecting the Canvas course “Online Tutoring Centers – Seattle Central”.
Summer Hours of Operation:
- Dates: Tues July 6th -- Tues August 17th
- Online/Zoom hours: Monday – Thursday: 10AM-6PM
Tuesday’s In-person/On campus Availability:
- Dates: Tuesdays (July 6th – Aug 17th)
- Hours: 10AM-2PM
- Location: BE 2102 (above Information Central and the Testing Center – on the same floor level as the Library)
*Please note: we will have a limited number of tutors available for in-person tutoring on Tuesdays (priority goes to appointments, but walk-ins accepted) – the vast majority of our tutors are operating remotely, via our Zoom links
- Tuesday Services provided:
- Quick assistance at the front desk with appointments, using Starfish, logging into the Zoom rooms, general tutoring questions, and referrals to other areas
- 5 in-person tutors (maximum), spaced evenly throughout BE 2102, will tutor in a variety of subject areas (including writing, math, and statistics).
- Access to up to 4 computer work-stations where students can ‘drop-in’ for tutoring in the online center Zoom Rooms
- Phone: 206-934-0972, Leave a message, voicemails answered daily
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Leave an email, emails answered daily
BE LC Subjects Offered: Writing for all subject areas, foreign languages (French, Spanish, Japanese), statistics, accounting, economics, CDS/ECED/SHS/Applied Behavioral Sciences.
Location: Mostly remote operations – and in-person Tuesdays from 10am-2pm in BE 2102
Type of assistance: Drop-in and by appointment
The BE Learning Center provides high quality tutoring and academic support in a wide range of subjects:
- Bachelor of Applied Science programs
- Foreign languages – French, Spanish, Arabic and Japanese
- IT courses
- Career-focused programs such Apparel Design and Culinary Arts
One-on-one and group tutoring is available free of charge to all currently enrolled Seattle Central students.
We highly recommend students make appointments, which can be done up to one week in advance. Book your appointment through Starfish.