BE Learning Center
Remote Operations Updates:
BE Learning Center – SUM QTR 2020
Remote Operations Updates: Tutoring in the BE Learning Center (by drop-in and appointment) will begin on Monday, July 6, 2020, and go through Tuesday, August 18th. All tutoring will be conducted remotely, via a Zoom account. To view tutor drop-in schedules, make an appointment and find the Zoom meeting password, login to your Starfish account and then select the “BE Learning Center-Central” Service or login to Canvas and select “Learning Support Network”, then “BE Learning Center”.
- Hours of operation: (July 6-Aug 18) Monday – Thursday: 10AM-6PM
- Emails and Voicemails (see below for contact info) answered daily
Here’s what you’ll need for your Zoom drop-in session:
- A computer/laptop/tablet with audio capability and video camera
- Reliable WiFi access
- Possible headphones with microphone (if you’re in a public space)
- We encourage you select a quiet place/room to have your tutor Zoom session, if possible, where you will likely not be interrupted
All about Zoom:
- How to join a Zoom meeting (with tutorial):
- If you’re needing technical assistance, please contact Zoom support: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
All about Starfish:
- Starfish link
- How to make an appointment in Starfish: https://youtu.be/Y8L_oCKC9XU
- Additional Starfish support can be found within your Starfish account, under “Services” > “ABCs of Starfish”
Summer Quarter - Weekly BE Tutor Schedule (pdf)
Location: Room Remote operations only
Type of assistance: Drop-in and by appointment
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The BE Learning Center provides high quality tutoring and academic support in a wide range of subjects:
- Bachelor of Applied Science programs
- Foreign languages – French, Spanish, Arabic and Japanese
- IT courses
- Career-focused programs such Apparel Design and Culinary Arts
One-on-one and group tutoring is available free of charge to all currently enrolled Seattle Central students.
We highly recommend students make appointments, which can be done up to one week in advance. Book your appointment through Starfish.