SAM Learning Center
Remote Operations Updates:
SAM Learning Center – Summer QTR 2021
Summer Qtr 2021 Operations Updates: Most tutoring will be conducted remotely, via our Zoom accounts. However, on Tuesdays from 10AM-2PM, we will be open in-person for tutoring drop-ins and appointments.
To view tutor schedules, make appointments and find the Zoom account link: Log in to your Starfish account then, go to the Starfish Main Menu ->My Success Network -> Services -> BE Learning Center-Central. For instructions on how to log in and use Starfish, please see this link. OR You can find our Zoom links by logging into your Canvas account and selecting the Canvas course “Online Tutoring Centers – Seattle Central”.
Summer Hours of Operation:
- Dates: Tues July 6th -- Tues August 17th
- Online/Zoom hours: Monday – Thursday: 10AM-6PM
Tuesday’s In-person/On campus Availability:
- Dates: Tuesdays (July 6th – Aug 17th)
- Hours: 10AM-2PM
- Location: BE 2102 (above Information Central and the Testing Center – on the same floor level as the Library)
*Please note: we will have a limited number of tutors available for in-person tutoring on Tuesdays (priority goes to appointments, but walk-ins accepted) – the vast majority of our tutors are operating remotely, via our Zoom links
- Tuesday Services provided:
- Quick assistance at the front desk with appointments, using Starfish, logging into the Zoom rooms, general tutoring questions, and referrals to other areas
- 5 in-person tutors (maximum), spaced evenly throughout BE 2102, will tutor in a variety of subject areas (including writing, math, and statistics).
- Access to up to 4 computer work-stations where students can ‘drop-in’ for tutoring in the online center Zoom Rooms
- Phone: 206-934-0972, Leave a message, voicemails answered daily
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Leave an email, emails answered daily
SAM LC Subjects Offered: Biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, computer science (CSC 110/142/143), engineering, mathematics (pre-college and college level) and physics.
SAM Learning Center
Location: Mostly remote operations – and in-person Tuesdays from 10am-2pm in BE 2102
Assistance type: Drop-in
Student tutors, frequently assisted by science and math faculty, provide help in specific subjects:
- Computer science
Open Computer Lab
Location: Remote operations only
Monday - Friday 2 pm - 5 pm
Computers are available for students who need assistance with online assignments. Students can work independently or engage a tutor in this area for help with computer-based work. Computer Science and Statistics students are encouraged to use this space for studying or for tutor questions.
Location: Remote operations only Monday-Friday 1 pm - 5 pm Type of assistance: Drop-in Math Path study sessions provide support with understanding key skills and concepts, and help students develop study habits to become successful independent learners. Drop-in study sessions are available for students enrolled in the following courses: