Seattle Central relies on community partners to help us better meet our students’ needs. Your gifts of time and talent make a difference.
Here are some ways to get involved:
- Every year, we invite professionals to work with students on their own future career development in a variety of ways. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in the following opportunities:
- Share your career opportunities or professional development expertise by speaking at a workshop, tabling at a job fair or volunteering as a mentor.
- Offering job shadowing or informational interviews
- Serving as virtual networking hosts at our annual Central Connect Speed Networking Event.
- Those with a STEM background are invited sign up as an industry mentor with students in our Math, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) Program. Commitment includes meeting with a student once per month for at least four months.
- Become a tutor at our Learning Support Network, which offers tutoring services on a broad range of topics including English conversation partners.
- Advise on curriculum and industry best practices as part of a Workforce Technical Advisory Committee.
- Share your content-level expertise as a guest speaker or an adjunct faculty member.
- Each Spring, the Seattle Colleges Foundation relies on a community of volunteers to provide independent reviews of scholarship applications.
- Interested volunteers can sign up to review scholarships by March 31, 2021. You must also complete a confidentiality agreement.
- Reviews will take place virtually with online training, guidelines, and a rubric is provided.
- The review period is between April 24 and May 10, with the expected time commitment being 3-5 hours total.
- Volunteer at or sponsor our Believe Gala on June 5th which supports our Central Commitment Scholarship Program.
If you have questions about these opportunities or other ways you can contribute, please contact Emily Thurston at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always open to new ways to connect with volunteers to advance the Seattle Central community.
Matching Gifts for Volunteer Hours
Many employers match donations for volunteer hours to help your contribution reach farther and serve more students. We appreciate our volunteers who are able to multiply their impact through matching gift programs. For questions about matching gifts, please contact Robin Armstrong at the Seattle Colleges Foundation at email@example.com.