Eligibility for Accommodation Services

Accommodations for students

Accommodations are based on need. When determining accommodations the Accommodations Specialist will look at how a disability is limiting access to the educational process. These accommodations allow students to meet standards, but do not change the essential requirements of the course.

Am I eligible?

To be eligible for disability–related services, students must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

How do I sign up?

Make an appointment with a Accommodations Specialist

To receive accommodations while attending Seattle Central students must first meet with a Accommodations Specialist and register with our office. Appointment can be made by emailing arc.central@seattlecolleges.edu or by calling 206.934.4183. It is best to make the appointment with the Accommodations Specialist when registering with the college. Students can sign up with the ARC office at any time during the quarter.

Provide documentation

Please provide medical information documenting any disability when coming in for an initial appointment. For more information on documentation see Individuals Qualified to Determine Disability and Specifications for Documentation. During this appointment, the Accommodations Specialist will meet with the student to determine the accommodations that will best meet the student's needs.