College Transfer & Study Abroad Center
Services in the College Transfer & Study Abroad Center
We provide assistance with things like:
- Planning the necessary steps to transfer successfully
- Searching for colleges that meet your needs
- Understanding the admissions process and college applications
- Developing and reviewing your personal statement*
- Advising on opportunities available to study or volunteer abroad through Seattle Central
We also present transfer planning workshops, coordinate transfer fairs and events, and offer informational sessions on opportunities to go abroad. In our office you can access the Internet, college catalogs, transfer guides, and books to research four–year universities. Staff is available to answer questions and provide support during the transfer process or while you plan for your experience abroad.
*Personal statement help can be provided via an appointment or via email. To make an appointment, please come to the main desk in BE1102. If you would like to email your statement to our office, please email it to TransferCenter@seattlecolleges.edu and know that it usually takes 3 - 4 business days to return your statement with edits. You can also visit the Bruce McKenna Writing Center, in Room A in the Seattle Central Library, MWF from 1 - 4 p.m. for personal statement help.