Bruce McKenna Writing Center
- Please send us your essay draft as a Word document, and include instructions from your teacher.
- Please allow at least until the next business day for your tutor to provide you feedback (so get those drafts in well before the assignment due date!). We do not respond on the weekends.
- When you receive a reply email from your tutor, please open the attached Word document in order to see the margin comments.
Location: Seattle Central Library, Classroom A
(Writing Center opens January 6th)
Winter Quarter Hours
Mondays : 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesdays : 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Fridays : 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
This center offers individual and group tutoring sessions for writers of all skill levels:
- Advice on the writing process (revision, planning, outlining, research)
- Feedback on all types of academic writing, including class papers
- Assistance with personal statement and transfer application essays
- Help with resume and cover letter writing
- Appointments and drop-in sessions are 30 minutes in length
- We serve students on a first-come, first-served basis; appointments are highly recommended
- Only one session per student per day
- Appointments cannot be made outside of writing center hours
- Appointment cannot be made on the same day
- Do not disrupt other students’ sessions. If you need assistance, please ask the supervisor or an available tutor
For any questions about becoming a tutor, about appointments or classroom visits, or to schedule an appointment, please contact MiSun Bishop at Misun.Bishop@seattlecolleges.edu.