Bruce McKenna Writing Center
Location: Seattle Central Library, Classroom A
(Writing Center opens January 6th)
Winter Quarter Hours
Mondays : 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesdays : 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Fridays : 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
This center offers individual and group tutoring sessions for writers of all skill levels:
- Advice on the writing process (revision, planning, outlining, research)
- Feedback on all types of academic writing, including class papers
- Assistance with personal statement and transfer application essays
- Help with resume and cover letter writing
- Appointments and drop-in sessions are 30 minutes in length
- We serve students on a first-come, first-served basis; appointments are highly recommended
- Only one session per student per day
- Appointments cannot be made outside of writing center hours
- Appointment cannot be made on the same day
- Do not disrupt other students’ sessions. If you need assistance, please ask the supervisor or an available tutor
For any questions about becoming a tutor, about appointments or classroom visits, or to schedule an appointment, please contact MiSun Bishop at Misun.Bishop@seattlecolleges.edu.