Career Training Degrees & Certificates
Seattle Central College offers specialized career training in a wide range of fields. Students learn marketable job skills through real-world, hands-on training taught by our experienced instructors. Whether you are just starting out, wanting to advance your skills or transitioning careers, we are sure to have a certificate or degree that meets your needs.
- Certificates short-term training to help you build specialized skills and prepare for a job. You can also build on your certificate training by earning additional certificates, an associate degree and/or a bachelor's degree in related field.
- "Stakable" Certificates are short-term certificates that are designed to help you build knowledge and "stack" your credentials. On completion of each certificate, you can return to work with additional skills or continuing building skills by taking the next level in the series of "stackable" certificates.
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degrees prepares you to compete for employment through hands-on development of technical skills and instruction on subjects related to your field of interest.
- Associate of Applied Science – Transfer (A.A.S.–T) Degrees are designed to assist you if you want to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor's degree after beginning a Career Training (also know as Professional Technical) degree. Learn more about transfer articulation agreements.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) Degrees build on associate degrees so students can advance their education in areas like Healthcare, Information Technology (IT) and Applied Behavioral Science. Learn more about Bachelor's Degrees at Seattle Central.
Student can also get started with short-term career training available through Seattle Vocational Institute (SVI), Integrated Basic Education & Skills Training (I-BEST) and Continuing Education (non-credit).
Learn more about general education requirements for Seattle Central's Career Training degrees and certificates.