To address inequity and safety concerns of transgender and gender-expansive students, Seattle Central will waive the cost of replacement student ID cards once a quarter. Transgender and gender-expansive students can be put in danger when producing an outdated student ID card, and some may experience dysphoria as a result of being confronted by an outdated name, or a picture that no longer looks like them. 

To be eligible, students must:

  • be currently registered in at least one class at Seattle Central or in the upcoming quarter
  • have already paid for or received at least one student ID card
  • be currently undergoing a medical or non-medical gender transition
  • or have transitioned since receiving their last student ID card
  • have not already received a student ID card replacement from this quarter 
  • have entered an updated/preferred name in ctcLink before arriving at the ID Center

For a step-by-step guide on how to change names in ctcLink, please consult the Seattle Colleges website

Steps for Replacing Student ID Cards

  1. Fill out a paper form and provide it to ID card staff in the Registration Office (printed paper forms will be available next to the ID card station), or
  2. Submit this form electronically, record your ticket number on the form, and share the ticket number with ID card staff

Pro-tip: Submit your form at any time, though we recommend 1-2 weeks before or after the quarter starts to avoid long lines.