Student Support Groups
Summer 2020 – Black Identified Student Support Group: Strategies on Self-Management During These Difficult Times
Co-facilitated by SCC Counselors
Seattle Central Counselors are providing a 6-week psychoeducational support group that is centered on the lived experience on Black identified student experiences. The group focuses on teaching strength based strategies to effectively manage the unnatural physical and emotional impacts of racism, discrimination and other social injustices students endure through racism.
This event is open to currently enrolled students during summer quarter 2020.
- Students currently enrolled at Seattle Central College during summer 2020 (Registration is required - we are verifying student enrollment status)
- This group is open to all students of all backgrounds.
- Open Group for 6 sessions (This is an open group where students can join one or all the 6 sessions)
- Meeting length: 1.5 hours; Thursdays for 6 sessions during summer quarter; 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Dates: Thursday July 9th - August 13th (July 9th, July 16th, July 23nd, July 30th, August 6th, August 13th)
- What’s the format? Zoom
This is a psychoeducational group and NOT a mental health therapy group. Please inquire about referrals if you are seeking a mental health therapy group.
After registering, counseling staff will manually review your information to confirm you are in currently enrolled student status for summer 2020, and approve your request. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Counseling.Central@seattlecolleges.edu