Critical Pedagogy Institute
Please join us at the Critical Pedagogy Institute in Summer, 2020! The Institute runs September 15-17, 2020 at an off-site location TBD.
This institute has been developed by faculty at Seattle Central College with the aim to strengthen the pedagogical skills and curriculum development processes through gaining knowledge of and practice with critical pedagogy. By the end of the institute, participants will be able to:
- Define and practice the essential components of critical pedagogy.
- Identify and incorporate liberatory and anti-oppressive practices into pedagogy.
- Identify and confront the limit-situations that students encounter inside and outside the classroom.
- Revise a course by developing new lesson plans, curriculum, assignments, and assessment strategies that utilize essential components of critical pedagogy.
- Engage in deep reflection to write/rewrite a teaching philosophy that reflects your learning at the Institute.
The Institute will include 20 faculty attendees from Central. Both full-time and part-time faculty are encouraged to apply. Stipends will be available upon completion of Institute work.