Seattle Central's STARS Program guides students who have been in a foster care program or are/were unaccompanied homeless youth (starting July 2019) by offering funding, academic guidance, career counseling, and referral resources to ensure students' holistic needs are being met.
Seattle Central's College Success Program guides students who have been in a foster care program on a successful college journey with services designed especially for them.
College Success Services
- Offer assistance on how to navigate places at Seattle Central (Financial Aid, TRiO, and Advising) and on how to negotiate various services and college processes
- Create a support network of college faculty, staff, and students to help students succeed
- Coordinate with other services that work with “Alumni of Foster Care”
- Provide healthy snacks, food coupons to the Atrium, some books and supplies
Who is eligible for the College Success Program?
- Former foster care youth, including eligible Running Start students who spent time in foster care
- Passport to College
How to Apply for the College Success Program
For additional information or to register for the College Success Program, please go to room BE3225 or call 206.934.3168.
College Success Program Partners
- Student Support Services
- Casey Family Programs
- The Mockingbird Society
- The YMCA
- Treehouse for Kids