Where do I go to get help?
For instructional support, please contact your instructor directly. Instructional support includes:
- Attendance concerns.
- Questions about grades.
- Extension requests.
- Quiz reset / retake.
- Broken content links.
- Where to find my feedback.
- Accessing publisher materials.
For technical support, please contact our eLearning Support Team by calling (206) 934-4060, emailing us at DisLrn@seattlecolleges.edu, or stopping by our office (BE1140). Visit the eLearning Contact Us page via the Seattle Central College website for additional contact information. Technical support includes:
- Issues with logging in.
- Courses not showing up in course list.
- Updating your profile.
- Password issues, etc.
Academic Support & Resources
Student Computer Lab (BE3148)
The computer center, in room BE3148, is available to all Seattle Central students. It offers Windows and Macintosh computers. Printing is available in monochrome and color.
- 7:00a - 10:00p (MTWTh)
- 7:00a - 6:00p (F)
- 9:00a - 6:00p (Sa)
- Closed During Quarter Breaks
Library Resources (BE2101)
The library empowers students to reflect on knowledge and ideas, learn to navigate a complex information world, and connect knowledge with action to enrich their lives and the community. The Library’s resources and services include:
- Remote access to e-books, research databases, streaming videos, and more (current enrollment required)
- Quiet study carrels, group study rooms, and quiet study tables
- Campus-networked Windows computers and printers and the college’s Wi-Fi connection
- Encyclopedias, books, magazines, newspapers, videos, and more
- Textbooks and readings for your class
- Laptops/Chromebooks, digital cameras, headphones, and more
- Assistance with media equipment and computers
- One-on-one assistance with any research assignment
- Online chat reference available 24/7. (link at the top of library home page)
- Online tutorials to develop research skills
- 7:45a – 8:00p (MTWTH)
- 7:45a – 4:30p (F)
- 12:00p – 4:00p (S)
- Hours are extended for Finals Week
Tutoring in a broad range of topics is available free to all Seattle Central students at convenient locations all over the campus through the Learning Support Network. The Learning Support Networkprovides high quality academic support to Seattle Central's diverse student population in order to: improve comprehension, increase competence, instill confidence, and promote success. Visit The Learning Support Networkwebsite for more information on our hours, locations, and services, including our 24-7 Online E-Tutoring option.
Free Microsoft Office 365
Every student at Seattle Central has a free Microsoft Office 365 account that comes with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for personal devices. The details of how to access this account are on our website.
Free Google Apps Account
Every student at Seattle Central has a free Google Apps account. The details of how to access this account are on our website.