Making a plan to transfer to a four-year college or university requires good knowledge of yourself and your goals, as well as a lot of careful planning. The College Transfer Center is a service available to all registered Seattle Central students, and can assist you through the transfer exploration and application process.
Services in the Transfer CenterWe provide assistance with things like:
- Planning the necessary steps to transfer successfully
- Searching for colleges that meet your needs
- Understanding the admissions process and college applications
- Developing and reviewing your personal statement
We also present transfer planning workshops and coordinate transfer fairs and events. In our office you can access the internet, college catalogs, transfer guides, and books to research four-year universities. Staff is available to answer questions and provide support during the transfer process. You may contact the College Transfer Center at (206) 934-5469 or email@example.com.
Transfer Agreements & Other Transfer Options
Seattle Central has an array of agreements with four-year colleges and universities in Washington and beyond.
What is the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA)?
The Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) ensures that a student who completes particular associate's degrees at SCCC – the Associate of Arts (AA-DTA), Associate of Science (AS-DTA), Associate in Elementary Education (DTA/MRP), or Associate in Math Education (DTA/MRP) will have satisfied the lower division general education (or core) requirements at the various baccalaureate institutions that are part of the agreement. The DTA does not guarantee admission to the universities or to specific programs/majors.
- WA State DTA (Direct Transfer Agreement) Schools
- Universities with Articulation Agreements with Seattle Colleges
Below are some helpful links. Please also see the "Quick Links" at the right side of this website and see the topics under "College Transfer Center" on the left side of this website.
- WA State Four-Year Schools – Websites and Contact Info
- University extension sites and partnerships with community colleges
- WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange – A program to allow students to attend some out-of-state schools at less than regular out-of-state tuition.)