New Student Orientation

The START New Student Orientation will introduce you to resources, support and opportunities available at Seattle Central College. It will prepare you for your first quarter on campus.

You can take START New Student Orientation online or in‐person.

Benefits of In‐Person Orientation

Attend orientation before classes begin and get the guidance you need to start your college experience off right.

  • Explore options to fund your education
  • Discover resources & services available to support your educational goal
  • Select your program of study and get help planning your first quarter
  • Register for classes
  • Take a student‐led tour of campus

Please complete the placement for classes step of the enrollment process and/or bring your unofficial transcripts from any colleges that you have attended to help with course planning.

Space is limited. Register early to secure your spot in a currently scheduled in‐person New Student Orientations:

  • August 22, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • August 30, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • September 5, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • September 7, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • September 12, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • September 19, 1 to 3:30 p.m.
  • September 21, 1 to 3:30 p.m.

RSVP for a session

Online Orientation

If you are not able to attend an in‐person orientation or have attended a college before coming to Seattle Central College, you may take the orientation online.

Bypassing START

Running Start, International Education and Basic and Transitional Studies (ABE, ESL, and GED®) have separate orientations, and students enrolled in those programs are not required to participate in the New Student Orientation.

In addition, students interested in Career Training (Professional/Technical) programs who attend Workforce Service's Start Next Quarter Orientation Workshop do not need to take the New Student Orientation.

If you have taken classes at North Seattle College or South Seattle College or have already earned an associate or bachelor's degree, you are eligible to bypass the New Student Orientation. Contact the Registration Office for more information.

Back to the Top