Running Start High School Completion

Petition for Underage Admissions Application and Information Sheet

Applications for Underage Admission will be accepted from students who fall into the following categories:

  • Under 18 years of age
  • Minimum of 16 years of age
  • Have not completed High School or a GED
  • Are not enrolled in Running Star

Underage Exception to Policy Application:

All students who do fall under the above listed requirements must complete the following steps each quarter prior to being considered for an admissions exception:

  1. Complete a Seattle Central College Application for Admission Form online
  2. Complete a placement test.
    English: Online English Placement.
    *Math: Math Placement.(*Math Only required for math and science.)
    Please note: all natural science courses require a math placement including our Health 125 course. In addition to math placement, Health 125 also requires students to have completed ENG 101 with a 2.0 or higher. It may be possible to have the ENG 101 prerequisite waived with the instructor’s permission. You may request the current Health 125 instructor’s email from your underage petition advisor.
  3. Obtain an unofficial transcript from your high school.
  4. Write a letter explaining, in detail, the reason for requesting permission to be admitted as an underage student.
  5. Take the START New Student Orientation
    • If you are planning to earn your high school diploma from your current high school, your high school counselor or designee must provide a statement indicating the recommended college class(s) and reasons for the recommendation(s). If you are home schooled, have the Home School Resource Office provide the statement of recommendation.
    • Students planning to earn a high school diploma from SCC must obtain a written release to attend SCC from the high school or counselor or other (or if not within Seattle Public Schools area, from your high school principal)
  6. Make an appointment to meet with the underage advisor in the Running Start Office (206) 934-3820.

NOTE: If you are admitted to this college, it will be on a quarterly basis. You will be expected to make satisfactory progress in your course(s) in order to continue at the school as an underage student for subsequent quarters.