Running Start High School Completion
Petition for Underage Admissions Application and Information Sheet
Applications for Underage Admission will be accepted from students who fall into the following categories:
- Under 18 years of age
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Have not completed High School or a GED
- Are not enrolled in Running Star
Underage Exception to Policy Application:
All students who do fall under the above listed requirements must complete the following steps each quarter prior to being considered for an admissions exception:
- Complete a Seattle Central College Application for Admission Form online https://seattlecentral.edu/get-started/enroll-now/new-student
- Complete a placement test.
English: Online English Placement.
*Math: Math Placement.(*Math Only required for math and science.)
Please note: all natural science courses require a math placement including our Health 125 course. In addition to math placement, Health 125 also requires students to have completed ENG 101 with a 2.0 or higher. It may be possible to have the ENG 101 prerequisite waived with the instructor’s permission. You may request the current Health 125 instructor’s email from your underage petition advisor.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript from your high school.
- Write a letter explaining, in detail, the reason for requesting permission to be admitted as an underage student.
- Take the START New Student Orientation
- If you are planning to earn your high school diploma from your current high school, your high school counselor or designee must provide a statement indicating the recommended college class(s) and reasons for the recommendation(s). If you are home schooled, have the Home School Resource Office provide the statement of recommendation.
- Students planning to earn a high school diploma from SCC must obtain a written release to attend SCC from the high school or counselor or other (or if not within Seattle Public Schools area, from your high school principal)
- Make an appointment to meet with the underage advisor in the Running Start Office (206) 934-3820.
NOTE: If you are admitted to this college, it will be on a quarterly basis. You will be expected to make satisfactory progress in your course(s) in order to continue at the school as an underage student for subsequent quarters.